Teacher gifts x 10!! Ideas please

Replies

• pulliptearspulliptears Forumite
    14.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    How about Oxfam Unwrapped? £6 will buy a health check for a remote community:

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/oxfam-unwrapped-parents-and-carers/OU5031HW

There are many many simple gifts that can be addressed to all teachers, and best of all someone who really needs it is getting the reward!

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/content/unwrapped/5to25.html?intcmp=shophub_tabs_OUGiftsFrom5_150611
  • edited 13 July 2011 at 12:28PM
    picnmixpicnmix Forumite
    642 Posts
    edited 13 July 2011 at 12:28PM
    I give chocolates at the end of term, so can be shared between all the staff, I also drop a box of choccies into the office. I think the edible variety of thank you gift is the easiest as can be shared between the whole school staff (in the staff room) rather than something for just the teachers/

I also give my bin men a crate of beer, and the postie gets biscuits or beer delivered to the sorting office.
  • All the mums in dd's class have clubbed together this year, 5 quid each (total 90 quid) and getting love2shop vouchers for the 2 teachers, main teacher will get most teaching assistant 25 quid. No way I'd be able to spend 2.50 on each of them and get anything decent. I really appreciat the work the teahers do so am happy to get a little thank you.
    :love:
  • Moomin21Moomin21 Forumite
    212 Posts
    I have lots of friends who are teachers and they get so many (russish) presents that they just chuck them or give them away..even biscuits and chocolate coz they're trying to diet and it doesn't help!!! i realyl don't think they'd be bothered if no one got them anything, there is never anything particularly useful!!

Last year, they received some great objects, including a porcelin cat, a leopard print handbag (with leopard) and a snail keyring!

Appreciate some teachers do go the extra mile and do deserve a gift, probably wine if they're stressed out!!
  • How about donating some supplies such tea/coffee/sugar for their staff room?
  • CH27CH27 Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    All the mums in dd's class have clubbed together this year, 5 quid each (total 90 quid) and getting love2shop vouchers for the 2 teachers, main teacher will get most teaching assistant 25 quid. No way I'd be able to spend 2.50 on each of them and get anything decent. I really appreciat the work the teahers do so am happy to get a little thank you.

We did that all through primary school for my son.
    It saved us mums trying to buy sometyhing cheap & the teachers loved having vouchers to spend.
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • nuttypnuttyp Forumite
    2K Posts
    In my DD last year at preschool, we bought 2 laminated posters with the alphabet and numbers on to decorate the walls for future classes, it was very well received. At primary school, a card and possibly a mug with a packet of chocolate biscuits inside in cellophane. She nearing the end of secondary school, and has requested something very nice for her french teacher. Shes just helped her with extra work so she can sit her gcse early. The search now starts, prehaps a nice mug from whittards outlet, giftwrapped in cellophane they are under £3.
    :D:D BSC member 137 :D:D

BR 26/10/07 Discharged 09/05/08 !!!

Onwards and upwards - no looking back....
  • edited 13 July 2011 at 3:49PM
    jamsandwhichjamsandwhich Forumite
    659 Posts
    edited 13 July 2011 at 3:49PM
    Moomin21 wrote: »
    I have lots of friends who are teachers and they get so many (russish) presents that they just chuck them or give them away..even biscuits and chocolate coz they're trying to diet and it doesn't help!!! i realyl don't think they'd be bothered if no one got them anything, there is never anything particularly useful!!

Last year, they received some great objects, including a porcelin cat, a leopard print handbag (with leopard) and a snail keyring!

Appreciate some teachers do go the extra mile and do deserve a gift, probably wine if they're stressed out!!

Thats fairly ungrateful and quite nasty - some kids will have gone to great effort even though it may be 'rubbish' - how disrespectful of the teachers to the kids and parents!

My sil is a primary teacher and she likes the little things the kids have made.

I don't know what to do really - the teaching assistants spend more time with the kids than the teacher and there are eight of them in all, they also have parents going in in shifts to do activities such as baking, gardening, art and sewing which I did with the class every Tuesday afternoon so I hope I get some gifts!!

Think I will stick with cards from my two that they have made themselves.
  • the teachers at our place get loads - as do the TA's.

Last year was special though - in 12 years there it was the first time anyone had said thank you to the MSAs - we got a card and some chocolates to share....which was lovely.

Our school used to make a point of thanking people who help out - under the current leadership this seems to have stopped - I have helped with school swimming for the last 2 years, helped at sports day and gone on countless trips as a volunteer for not a word of thanks at the end of the year - at the end of swimming this year I was told that they had sorted swimming for September on the basis that I would help - well thanks for asking....
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • moneypuddlemoneypuddle Forumite
    936 Posts
    Handmade gifts are nice. Why not get your kids to bake and decorate some muffins or cookies?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals