34 replies 2.2K views
nickytnickyt Forumite
910 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
HI,

I have just done a Samknows check and this was what I got come up

However, there is another service on your phone line (e.g. ADSL, LLU, DACS, etc) that would prevent you from ordering a new ADSL connection.
The following services are available in your location:
  • BT Wholesale ADSL
  • BT Wholesale ADSL Max
  • BT Wholesale WBC (21CN)
  • BT Wholesale SDSL
  • AOL LLU
  • O2 / Be LLU
  • Bulldog LLU
  • TalkTalk (CPW) LLU
  • Sky Broadband / Easynet LLU
  • Newnet LLU
  • Tiscali LLU
  • Orange LLU (Formerly Wanadoo)
  • Virgin Media (Cable)
I was with Tiscali but changing to Talk Talk is proving to be a real pain even though I am going throught the CEO office. This has been with the CEO office since April and still have not got it all sorted out. Would I have problems trying to change to another provider please.
Thanks for any help and advice given
~~~Nicky~~~

Replies

• macmanmacman Forumite
    48.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All that message means is that you already have a broadband service (Tiscali) on your line. Switching to TT should not be an issue, as it's the same company.
    But once your line is LLU'd by TT remember that that you can then only leave by going back to BT for 12m line rental on a free return to donor. You won't be able to switch direct from one LLU service to another.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • edited 28 June 2011 at 4:40PM
    nickytnickyt Forumite
    910 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 28 June 2011 at 4:40PM
    Hi Macman,

Thank you for taking the time to help.
    I am being told by Talk Talk that they now have my line but that I am not on a broadband and phone package as my line was a NTL line. I have not been with NTL for over 15 years. I cannot see where the problem is with Talk Talk as I am not up on all the jargon they talk.

It all started when I got a letter from Tiscali saying that TT had taken them over. I was told that I would just carry on as I was and that there would be nothing for me to do.

I then got a letter from TT saying that all the Tiscali side was being closed down and if I did not move over to them by a certain date I would be disconnected. I rang up and was offered a package that suited me and was told that it would all go through within days.

I then got a letter saying that I only signed up for a phone line but the price was the price I wa told for both BB and phone. I rang up and asked why my BB was not being done and was told there was an error made on my account and they would add the BB.

They are now saying that as the phone line is a NTL line they can't put me on a package so I will have to pay separate phone and BB prices making it more expensive. I said I was not happy with that and am waiting for them to come back to me tomorrow.

Sorry for the long post thought it might be easier to explain a bit more. Also this is the CEO's office that I am dealing with and I am being told the first person from the office told me all the wrong information so I am now back to the start with them.
    ~~~Nicky~~~
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    48.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NTL is now Virgin Media. That's a cable service and has nothing to do with TT, which runs on it's own LLU network, and then over BT's local loop.
    You may originally have been on NTL cable service, but when you moved to Tiscali you must have had a BT-based ADSL line installed (or reconnected).
    So TT are talking their usual nonsense. Your best bet is to ask them to release you from your contract without penalty and switch to a proper ISP.
    PS: the only reason for paying a higher price with TT is if your exchange is not LLU'd for them, Check by doing an exchange search on https://www.samknows.com.
  • nickytnickyt Forumite
    910 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Is this the bit you need to see:

Exchange name:WaterloovilleExchange code:SDWTRLVLocation:Hampshire South East
    ~~~Nicky~~~
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    48.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/SDWTRLV
    TT are LLU on your exchange.
    But loads of other LLU options are available too, consider O2, Sky for starters.
  • nickytnickyt Forumite
    910 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at them both I think sky looks the best for us. Will I have a problem with TT now that they are saying that they have moved both my services over separately.
    ~~~Nicky~~~
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    48.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are already at the exec's office stage they'll probably have the sense to let you go just to make the problem go away (but then this is TT we're talking about).
    If the line has already been LLU'd then the only way out is to go back to BT on a return to donor-this is free but requires a 12m line rental contract.
    I'm unclear about the current status of your line (and so are TT too it would seem).
  • edited 28 June 2011 at 5:52PM
    nickytnickyt Forumite
    910 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 28 June 2011 at 5:52PM
    could you tell me how do I find out the line status please

I just did a check with sky and they say I can go there
    ~~~Nicky~~~
  • TalkTalkTalkTalk Forumite, Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Nickyt,

the staff in the CEOs Office team will get the issue sorted for you. The buck stops with that team, you are in very good hands.

Ady
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • nickytnickyt Forumite
    910 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    hi,
    I wish it was that easy but I am going backwards not forwards with my problems even going through the CEO's office.
    ~~~Nicky~~~
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals