1394041424345»

Replies

• edited 5 June 2011 at 6:01PM
    mummyofonechildmummyofonechild Forumite
    2K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 5 June 2011 at 6:01PM
    Hi TYO and Thank You

This afternoon was a reminder that we have definitely done the right thing.

Re SOA

We have no gas connected at all, and have economy 7 heaters which are not economical at all :eek:
    Also DH is disabled and home during the day.

Car Insurance includes Breakdown Cover, but I was off sick for renewal time last year. This year I must make the effort to shop around.

Hope you are having a great day.

MOOC xx
    Mortgage Free as of 31/5/11 :j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • Right Mummy is starting to get seriously fed up with the Britannia now :mad:

Having had the chaos with them sending my final payment back to me and then returning it to them in person we have heard nothing from them since.

We have had no cheque back from them because they took to much from the final direct debit and no closing/redemption statement from them.

Despite 2 phone calls this week one saying that everything was in the post and another one saying it hasnt been processed yet I am getting really mad.

I am contemplating going back to Leek next Weds and staging a sit in until I receive my money back and a redemption statement :eek:

I bet they wouldnt treat us like this if we were just starting out with them :mad:

Any advice please

MOOC xx
  • Right,

Today we have each received a letter from the land registry saying that the Britannia no longer have a charge over our property so something has happened.

But we still have not received a redemption statement and more importantly our overpayment money back.

Hope your are having a lovely weekend

MOOC xx
  • Evening everyone

I had a bad night last night with my back. I was awake from 2 until 7.30 this morning when I finally went back to bed. Consequently I have been very tired today and have nodded off a few times. Tonight I will have an early night. I am now sat trying to watch the Canadian Grand Prix but rain has stopped play at the moment.

I have decided to stick with this thread until I finally get written confirmation that everything has ended and my overpayment has been refunded. Then I will start a shiny new thread about my attempts to save up for a replacement car.

Hope you are all well.

MOOC xx
  • Sorry your back is playing up mooc- hope you got a better nights sleep last nite!
    Will look forward to hearing you finally have confirmation of mortgage being paid off and shiny new thread for shiny new car is underway!! :)
  • edited 13 June 2011 at 6:43PM
    mummyofonechildmummyofonechild Forumite
    2K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 13 June 2011 at 6:43PM
    Hi TYO

You must have been my lucky charm for today came the cheque and written confirmation I have been waiting for, so this thread comes to an end and I need to think about a title for my new thread.

See you all there :beer:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=44416276#post44416276

MOOC xx
  • bobwilsonbobwilson Forumite
    595 Posts
    ✭✭
    but doesn't the world end in 2012? so what's the point in being mortgage free...
  • bobwilson wrote: »
    but doesn't the world end in 2012? so what's the point in being mortgage free...

It was already supposed to have ended :p
  • Radish72Radish72 Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi TYO

You must have been my lucky charm for today came the cheque and written confirmation I have been waiting for, so this thread comes to an end and I need to think about a title for my new thread.

See you all there :beer:

MOOC xx

Finally it has arrived :j:j

Don't forget to post a link to your new thread so we can all [STRIKE]stalk[/STRIKE] follow you
    Mortgage Aug 12 £165K, Aug 19 £0
    OP's in 2019 £21000
    ISA challenge start 2019 £3000/£1500 (50%)
  • Mortgage Free as of 31/5/11 :j:j:j:j:j:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cuts announced to alcohol and air passenger duties

And the levy on fuel frozen for 12th year in a row

MSE News

Autumn Budget 2021: full round-up

From minimum wage increases to fuel duty freezes

MSE News