April 2011 Grocery Challenge - Page 33

New Post Advanced Search

April 2011 Grocery Challenge

edited 29 March 2011 at 10:35AM in Old Style MoneySaving
966 replies 80.5K views

Replies

• shell2001shell2001 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Well lots of spends and lots of month left:o.

Done a Mr T shop, £138:eek: - This did include shampoo, smellies, shower gel, pull-up (DD2 still needs these at night), Razor blades (£6 for 4 - so expensive). Unfortunatley none of which you can eat. I have done meal plan and I think so long as I dont get tempted I should be ok. Got dogs dried food to so another £15 gone there. The only treat I got in the Mr T order was £10 for a box of smirnoff ice. No biscuits, cakes or anything like that. Also had a couple of trips pre Mr T delivery to local coop.

So my spend to date is £187.77

I have downloaded the spendometer app to my phone and I think it will be a great help keeping on track.

Will update sig.
  • minnie2minnie2 Forumite
    513 posts
    quintwins wrote: »
    theres a list in the grabits today i got chicargo town pizza, tesco roasties, aquafresh toothpaste,magnums and tissues, it does seem to mainly be branded treats and smellies instead of real food

i feel this is going to be a silly question and im very sorry but what is the grab its?
    Frugal living challenge - need to revisit its been.a while !! Need to reduce our debts!!
  • tigerfeet2006tigerfeet2006 Forumite
    14K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    minnie2 wrote: »
    i feel this is going to be a silly question and im very sorry but what is the grab its?

Not a silly question. It is a board on the forum, The Quick! Grabbit while you can board :D

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=36
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • HippeechiqHippeechiq Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Thought a few of you might be interested in this, starting tomorrow 6/4, courtesy of thatguy from another board
    thatguy1 wrote: »

I've had a quick look, and it seems to be right across the board from peanut butter/nute!la - lemon curd/marmalade & honey - all jams. From brand names - value.

Spigs hun - all the very best for Thursday - you'll be in my thoughts all day :grouphug:
    & Rosie Congratulations on your new Grandson. How lovely for you - one of each :)

Thanks, by the way, to all for your kind posts on the March thread - they didn't go unnoticed or unappreciated :kisses3:
    Aug11 £193.29/£240

Oct10 £266.72 /£275 Nov10 £276.71/£275 Dec10 £311.33 / £275 Jan11 £242.25/ £250 Feb11 £243.14/ £250 Mar11 £221.99/ £230 Apr11 £237.39 /£240 May11 £237.71/£240 Jun11 £244.03/ £240 July11 £244.89/ £240
    Xmas 2011 Fund £220
  • edited 6 April 2011 at 12:22AM
    MothershipMothership Forumite
    823 posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 6 April 2011 at 12:22AM
    Hippeechiq wrote: »

Spigs hun - all the very best for Thursday - you'll be in my thoughts all day :grouphug:
    & Rosie Congratulations on your new Grandson. How lovely for you - one of each :)
    :

My thoughts exactly, thank you everyone for all your kindness, thoughts and hugs. I'm all over the place at the moment, I thought the news of my mothers death hadn't affected me, it has but in a way I didn't expect. I knew her for a short period and in that time I could feel my soul running away from her SCREAMING! She was very very angry bitter and very manipulative, she wanted unconditional love but hers was conditional. I forgave her for what she did to me, so did my half sisters , but I don't think she was ever able to forgive herself, she went to her grave still in denial and blamed everyone but herself for everything that went wrong in her life, there comes a time when everyone has to accept that the choices they make set you on your life path. She died a very lonely woman. I am sad about that, it could have been so different for her if she had just said sorry for all the bad things she did.
    I feel now I have some closure, all the bad memories have gone with her to wherever she is. And I'm keeping the good ones, yes there were some, she had a wonderful sense of humour, and there was some good in her. I saw it. You see we all felt the same, we would all have loved her anyway if only she had let us... wasted love, how sad!:(

Stewed sausage with carrot and onion boiled potatoes and garden peas ,for dinner, very tasty .
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • aussiemumaussiemum Forumite
    69 posts
    Hi all,
    Well this morning was my weekly shop, intially I thought I'd done really well, got some good specials plus a few bits for our Easter long weekend away, until I got home and realised I had forgotten dog food and deoderant, so it'll be back out to the shops after work grrrr :mad:.
    So i have spent $160.84 @ the supermarket, $10.10 @ the bakery and $11 on a couple of easter eggs,
    A grand total of $181.95 :eek::eek::eek:
  • Candy_BelleCandy_Belle Forumite
    123 posts

Yey!! NSD for yesterday!!:j
    Grocery Challange for DH, Me & 2 Fussy Cats (inc Grocerys, Cleaning Products & Cat Food)
    G/C -May £177.04/£235.00 Apr £237.79/£235.00 Mar £226.16 /£235.00
    G/C - Jan £248.52/£235.00 - Feb£214.72/£235.00
    NSD -May 3/31 Apr 10/30 Mar 3/31 Feb 6/28 NSD Jan 3/31
  • I have spent £148.51 of my £430 grocery budget this month so far, and today is only the start of day 6! :eek:

If I continued to spend at the same rate throughout the month I would spend £891.06! This looks a horrendous figure, but my freezers, fridge and cupboards are positively bulging, so I am hoping to spend a lot less over the next 3 weeks!

• edited 6 November 2011 at 2:49PM
    rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 November 2011 at 2:49PM
    thanks Hippeechiq, as I just said to someone else - I've had the 'pink denim and barbie years' with dgd, now for the other side of the story :D

I hope things are improving for you and your dd, I've been sending lots of positive vibes your way

also thinking of Spigs and Mothership, and anyone else dealing with health or other issues
    I've decided that I want to live long enough to see my new gds grow up so need to lose a serious amount of weight; I have a sainsbug delivery later this morning - trying a weekly delivery to keep me stocked up with veg and fruit; I know I'm paying extra delivery but there is no other option locally.

does anyone have any fairly simple bean recipes please? I'm off meat a bit and have assorted tinned beans from AF (canneloni, broad etc); I found a few ideas on the 5kg tin of broad beans thread but any other suggestions greatly appreciated :D

... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • tootootootoo Forumite
    679 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Just updated my spends! Also have managed 3 NSD out of 5 so far!
    I'm finding this challenge and my meal plans helping already, thanks to all that post for the inspiration.
    Tootoo
    MFW.....Apr 33 Aim - Dec 26