Tattoo_Fordy82 wrote: »
I need a little advice.
Last year I sent letters to HSBC regarding 2 loans I had taken out with them. After their stalling as expected I threatened the FOS to which I ended up getting a refusal to pay up followed by their final decision on the matter.
I had the forms ready to be filled in but never got round to it for various reasons. At the turn of the year I gave myself a big kick up the backside and got the forms filled out and gathered all the letters to and from the bank, got copies of them as my evidence for the FOS and was all ready to send them.
Unfortunately I then fell ill and ended having an operation which meant that I could not get out to post the forms.
In this time the 6 month period to contact the FOS after the final decision passed and I wanted to know whether I am able to still go to the FOS with my complaint? or will I have to start the process over and go back to the bank?
gadgets.loco wrote: »
Hi - Barclays has responded back exactly by the 8th week which they have committed to. Here is what they said:
In our previous letter we promised to keep you updated on the progress of our investigation.
Having reviewed your complaint we can confirm that we are unable to provide a final response to your complaint at the moment and would like to explain why this is so and the implications of this for you.
The standards against which your complaint should be assessed, namely the Financial Services Authority (FSA) policy statement on Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) complaints and guidance published by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) are the subject of legal proceedings between the British Bankers' Association (BBA), the FSA and the FOS.
It continues on but essentially the letter is telling me my complaint is on hold until the court decision is reached. Should I call Barclays and let them know that their response was not satisfactory and I will file my claim with the FOS?
GTT wrote: »
I just signed up today to the forum as I am trying to reclaim the PPI I had on my credit card with HSBC and I cannot find the original paperwork for the card. After speaking to HSBC to cancel the PPI as it was costing me £80 per month! they have told me they do not know who the insurance is with and that they do not have a copy of the original contract or know where to get it from.
I am certain that the PPI was sold to me when I got the card but I am now unsure how to proceed or where to even direct queries too. I've now cancelled it on the card as I was shocked to see it on there or how much it was costing
Should I just take the next steps and write to the bank directly? and see where it goes from there?
fsaxom wrote: »
i sent my 2nd letter to central capital but they were quick to responed saying they still reject my complaint based on their previous letter also stating that i could take my complaint to FOS from date on previous letter.so i will be taking my complaint to FOS and see what they decide so fingers crossed.
thanks to everyone thats helped and advised me to purse my complaint, hopefully it pays off or out even lol.
mozl01 wrote: »
thanks for you help
queeniebean wrote: »
I was sold PPI through a garage when I bought my car. Do I claim against the garage or the insurance company for mis-selling?
Eg, 50% off Papa John’s
Here’s what you need to know
Let us know your thoughts!