edited 10 June 2010 at 3:07PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
27K replies 2.2M views

Replies

• edited 2 April 2011 at 4:22PM
    saintsfan1saintsfan1 Forumite
    29 Posts
    edited 2 April 2011 at 4:22PM
    I am in need of a little more help.
    In my previous posts I have let you all know of my success and possible failure (my wifes Store card , but we are contemplating going to the FSO ).

What I need now is a little bit more guidence.
    When I put in our claims one of them was for a loan I got with First National Tricity back in 2002 ( I have all the paperwork ) which I now belive is part of Santander. I sent this off to their London address at the same time as my wifes store card claim and one other to Santander which was to the Bradford Address. We have had replies to the Store card and the one to the Bradford address ( which is a success) but I have had no reply to mine or acknowledgement. Is this normal or have I possibly sent it to the wrong address. If I get no reply by the time the eight weeks have gone by (it is now gone 2 weeks ) What action should I take.

Thanks for all the help so far
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    saintsfan1 wrote: »
    I am in need of a little more help.
    In my previous posts I have let you all know of my success and possible failure (my wifes Store card , but we are contemplating going to the FSO ).

What I need now is a little bit more guidence.
    When I put in our claims one of them was for a loan I got with First National Tricity back in 2002 ( I have all the paperwork ) which I now belive is part of Santander. I sent this off to their London address at the same time as my wifes store card claim and one other to Santander which was to the Bradford Address. We have had replies to the Store card and the one to the Bradford address ( which is a success) but I have had no reply to mine. Is this normal or have I possibly sent it to the wrong address. If I get no reply by the time the eight weeks have gone by (it is now gone 2 weeks ) What action should I take.

Thanks for all the help so far

Hiya
    Yes your correct that 8 weeks is the normal timescale for them to deal with complaints.
    What I would do in your case as its just gone 2 of those weeks is sit back a little longer, but chase them up on the 6 weeks and ask if they are actually dealing with your complaint.
    If your complaint is totally ignored and nothing is heard by the 8 weeks, you are entitled to take your complaint to the FOS.

Hope this helps and hope you hear very soon, good luck.

I assume it all also depends on who's desk it lands on as well, where they would have a few amount of staff dealing with complaints.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • HI
    I have just this minute joined up but have been reading all your stories for a while. I hope I am not missing the band wagon by just starting my claims and I am sorry if this first report is a bit lonb but I have a lot to ask!

Anyway please could anyone advise me on the following?

Firstly I had a Morgan Stanley Gold Card for years, which I believe I must have been paying PPI insurance on. Then without any authority from myself, after years of being with them, they transferred the account to a Barclay Card - I would never have wanted anything to do with a Barclay Card. If I were to now start a process of claiming back the PPI insurance who would I send the letter to, Barclay Card or Morgan Stanley? Also I dont know if I have the account numbers, etc, would this matter?

Secondly I had a Nat West credit card for several years too, firstly taking it out as a Air Miles Card but it was always under Nat West even after the Air Miles part pulled out. Now I know that I had PPI insurance on this card as I remember having problems with Nat West when I was trying to cancel it. Again I have no record of the account numbers (we are told nowadays to shred statements, etc to avoid identity theft, etc) and would this also matter. The card was taken out several years ago but was still live up to about three years ago when I paid it all off. Would it be worth trying to claim it back?

Thirdly we had a joint personal loan with AA Loans (for a car) and I am sure that we took out PPI insurance, but again we have no paperwork to prove anything, does anyone think it worth trying to claim against AA Loans.

I will also confess that I have recently been approached by one of these companies that do this claiming back PPIs for you about a First Plus Loan we had and they are dealing with this. I know I shouldnt have done this but it was before I found out about this site. I dont really know what to expect as this company told me that the insurance was for over £15,000, and I know that this company will take a massive cut (stupid me) but would we be entitled to all this back even though we paid the whole loan off after about two years.

Sorry I have gone on but I am a bit green with all these things and am only just realising what others have been doing in re-claiming things back.
  • Footiemad_2Footiemad_2 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    HI
    I have just this minute joined up but have been reading all your stories for a while. I hope I am not missing the band wagon by just starting my claims and I am sorry if this first report is a bit lonb but I have a lot to ask!

Firstly I had a Morgan Stanley Gold Card for years, which I believe I must have been paying PPI insurance on. Then without any authority from myself, after years of being with them, they transferred the account to a Barclay Card - I would never have wanted anything to do with a Barclay Card. If I were to now start a process of claiming back the PPI insurance who would I send the letter to, Barclay Card or Morgan Stanley? Also I dont know if I have the account numbers, etc, would this matter?

Secondly I had a Nat West credit card for several years too, firstly taking it out as a Air Miles Card but it was always under Nat West even after the Air Miles part pulled out. Now I know that I had PPI insurance on this card as I remember having problems with Nat West when I was trying to cancel it. Again I have no record of the account numbers (we are told nowadays to shred statements, etc to avoid identity theft, etc) and would this also matter. The card was taken out several years ago but was still live up to about three years ago when I paid it all off. Would it be worth trying to claim it back?

Thirdly we had a joint personal loan with AA Loans (for a car) and I am sure that we took out PPI insurance, but again we have no paperwork to prove anything, does anyone think it worth trying to claim against AA Loans.

I will also confess that I have recently been approached by one of these companies that do this claiming back PPIs for you about a First Plus Loan we had and they are dealing with this. I know I shouldnt have done this but it was before I found out about this site. I dont really know what to expect as this company told me that the insurance was for over £15,000, and I know that this company will take a massive cut (stupid me) but would we be entitled to all this back even though we paid the whole loan off after about two years.

Sorry I have gone on but I am a bit green with all these things and am only just realising what others have been doing in re-claiming things back.

Hi there and welcome. You are in the right place for help and advice.

I am not an expert on the subject matter but there are plenty that are very wise and experienced enough to help you...Di and Amersall and others.

Please be patient and they will be along to help you soon.

I am not sure but you could still pull out of the reclaims company and go it alone along with the others you want to reclaim.

Did not want to read and run.

Someone will be along to point you in the right direction.

Good luck
    Footiemad:footie: 2013 - SPC no.1147...Keeep potting!!
    2013-VSP #21 £14.59
    SPC 2012 - £207.44
    SPC 2011 £647
    VSP 2011 £70.37
    23lb/54lb :o
  • edited 2 April 2011 at 8:54PM
    amersallamersall Forumite
    17K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 April 2011 at 8:54PM
    HI

Hi there and welcome. you need to write to Morgan stanley and ask for a copy of your credit agreement, your name and address should do for them to find this for you, enclose £1 as this is what they charge. Send this recorded so you have proof. They may send this request to barclays.

Do the same as above.

Do the same as above.

Hi there, hindsight is a good thing!! dont we all know?. FP ppi is very easy to get back, just a letter, and you may have to go to fos, but this is a win win. This company knew what an easy claim this was going to be. How far have they progressed with your claim?.
    Thank god you have settled this loan early, as these companys take a % of the whole ppi and not just the ppi you paid to date, so in a way that is a good thing. The £15000 is the whole ppi?
    because if you settled early then you wont get the whole £15000 back, you only get ppi paid to date with the interest on that and Fp will take the small rebate they gave you for the ppi when you settled the loan off the "win".so that is less of a % for the company.

look here for reasons for mis sell (for when you get the agreements back)
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#checklist
    If you need anymore help, just yell x.
  • edited 2 April 2011 at 11:53PM
    janz70janz70 Forumite
    59 Posts
    edited 2 April 2011 at 11:53PM
    Hi, been hearing about the miss-selling of PPI for a while but thought it only applied to small loans Credit cards etc but Ive had the thought that why wouldnt my mortgage redundency cover be classed the same, so my question is does this include redundency PPI that covers my mortgage as Ive been ploughing money into this since 1993 but was afraid to cancel in case I lost my right to cliaim (providing I can).

Many thanks
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    janz70 wrote: »
    Hi, all, does this include redundency PPI that covers my mortgage , Ive been paying this since 1993.

Hi there

Yes I believe so.

Dunstonh is the one to help on mortgage ppi if you require further assistance with this one, so please feel free to post up a separate thread below (stay within the reclaiming threads) and subject it as "mortgage ppi help" this will not be missed then, and dunstonh will or should be along later or tomorrow some time.;)

Good luck with this and sorry if I have mis read.
  • Hi,

I recently complained to Halifax about the addition of PPI coverage to my credit card account taken out in 2002 (I was a student and therefore not covered). Having waited 8 weeks I received a response upholding my complaint and advising that I will be refunded all my premiums. I signed the agreement and returned it to them, and I know that they received it. I returned it some four weeks ago but have not yet heard anything further - does anyone have any experience of how long this refund process takes with Halifax?

Thanks to MSE for the fantastic information that has helped me this far. :T

Thanks,

Nath84
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    nath84 wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently complained to Halifax about the addition of PPI coverage to my credit card account taken out in 2002 (I was a student and therefore not covered). Having waited 8 weeks I received a response upholding my complaint and advising that I will be refunded all my premiums. I signed the agreement and returned it to them, and I know that they received it. I returned it some four weeks ago but have not yet heard anything further - does anyone have any experience of how long this refund process takes with Halifax?

Thanks to MSE for the fantastic information that has helped me this far. :T

Thanks,

Nath84

Hiya

Well as your aware they have 8 weeks, but what I would do if this have passed is contact them, ask them if they are currently dealing with your complaint/refund.
    It maybe the Judicial Review holding them back but they could let you know.
    Well done though.:beer:
  • Thanks for the information. The PPI was for just over £15,000. I did wonder though if we had to pay all of this back when we paid off the actual loan amount. The company that are now dealing with it for us have sent a letter off to First Plus and then written to me. They did do all the reasearch, i.e. getting the loan information, dates, amounts etc. They told us that the loan was for £86,000 and the PPI was for just over £15,000 (cant remember exact amounts) but I think we actully only borrowed around £71,000 but I cannot remember how much we actually paid back after the two years.

I have just remembered too that I had an EGG card with PPI on so thats another I believe I can try and claim back.

I have told my eldest son about all this as he took out a loan with Black Horse, when he increased the loan he was more or less told it woudl help it go through if he took out the PPI insurance, which he did but which he has now canclled with a real lot of hassle. I have told him after reading on here that he has every right to claim it all back especially the fact that he is a school teacher and never needed it in the first place. The problem though with this loan when he originally took out this loan I acted as a guarantor for him and I am named on the actually loan but I dont know if I was named on the PPI - but I work for the NHS anyway so I wouldnt have needed this either I doubt. Should it be me or him that sends the letter off to Black Horse can anyone advise please.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides