Embarrassing DLA Question... (Female question, but all welcome!)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
25 replies 4K views

Replies

• LOL! you have all cheered me up! and believe me, I needed it. I'm physically able and even I don't get it 'over the kitchen table'. I would, of course, have to clear the plates and cups first and give it a wipe over, hardly spontaneous!
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    As everyone else has said, don't worry about it! You're just as entitled to a sex life as anyone else. I've never heard of anyone having an issue with dla because they have a sex life :)

Hell my sex drive can increase when i'm ill (i'm bipolar so when i'm manic..well yeah anyway :o )
  • clemmatisclemmatis Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Could have been about smear tests, yes. Nothing to do with DLA, don't worry.

xXMessedUpXx, yes, I've had bipolar friends -- :rotfl:

(not that there is anything funny about being bipolar)
  • IsolusIsolus Forumite
    39 Posts
    Ha ha ha, thank you everybody - a few giggles and a lot of reassurance, just what i needed! :)

I know it sounded a bit silly, but it did worry me a bit.. even the the thought of it being on my notes for GPs to see. But i guess i'll just do as advised and make sure there's no ceiling - swinging occuring when a doctor/benefits official is round. :rotfl:
  • I had to go see a psychiatrist for the defense yesterday (i'm suing the hospital that bodged my surgery).

He said "being depressed obviously hasn't effected your sex drive" (I am currently 23 weeks pregnant).

Obviously depressed people are not supposed to want or enjoy sex. :cool:
    I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.
    Lucille Ball
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    68.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to go see a psychiatrist for the defense yesterday (i'm suing the hospital that bodged my surgery).

He said "being depressed obviously hasn't effected your sex drive" (I am currently 23 weeks pregnant).

Obviously depressed people are not supposed to want or enjoy sex. :cool:

It shows how little even the medical profession knows about depression and depressive illnesses.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • Don't be so ridiculous, disabled people are as much entitled to a sex life as anyone else

I think we've got a troll - he's just had a go at someone on the student board for trying to avoid repaying their loan, despite the fact they have already overpaid! ;)
    Gone ... or have I?
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    68.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Please just report any suspicious posts to the moderating team.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • RuthnJasperRuthnJasper Forumite
    4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP - please don't be worried. I think you have been brave to ask this question and it's perfectly normal.

Because of your age, all GPs now ask this question when doing these intimate procedures. It's because there is a marginally higher (NOTHING to worry about) chance of developing cervical cancer when one becomes sexually active. If you were having regular sex, they may want you to have smear tests annually as opposed to every three years for non-sexually active women.

I really don't think you have anything to worry about with regard to your DLA - but I know how these things can prey on the mind.

Good luck to you. Hope you go on to have a long and happy, fulfilling, life.

R x
  • Don't panic, you're even allowed to have M.E. and FMS and have children and recieve DLA, although some people shouldn't think so! (I have 4 kids)

Although admittedly after the deed is done it does knacker you out a bit. You tend to think..."never again" or "is it ever worth it?".
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides