Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Last thing you bought? - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Last thing you bought?

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
6K replies 257.3K views

Replies

• I new iron - I know how to enjoy myself!
    Over futile odds
    And laughed at by the gods
    And now the final frame
    Love is a losing game
  • edited 28 March 2011 at 3:16PM
    poorly_scammopoorly_scammo Forumite
    34K posts
    edited 28 March 2011 at 3:16PM
    What a reduction! Definitely a steal! :D

If there's something specific that you want, the leftovers from the sales are a good place to look. Debenhams for instance, still has quite a bit in its 70% off section. Quite a lot of it is tat now but there's still some good stuff in this and the other sale sections.
    4.30: conduct pigeon orchestra...
  • I new iron - I know how to enjoy myself!
    You devil! :D

What are you going to do with the old one? Go on, take it into the garden and smash it to smithereens! I would. :j
    4.30: conduct pigeon orchestra...
  • edited 28 March 2011 at 3:18PM
    SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 March 2011 at 3:18PM
    I did a food shop yesterday, god that's boring compared to everyone else :o

eta: lokolo-it doesn't ahve to be the end when you stop being a student! i left uni in 2008 and ended up housesharing still, we have takeaways on a friday (usually fish and chips)
  • whuwhu Forumite
    23.5K posts
    A taxi ride:)
    Keep the Faith:cool:
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • jansus wrote: »
    A new duvet cover in the next sale £20.00 reduced from £70.00 :T:T couldn't resist :o

I remember when I left I did say the stains I got on the old one could be washed out with an effective detergent. Still, at £20, why bother?
    I wonder why it is, that young men are always cautioned against bad girls. Anyone can handle a bad girl. It's the good girls men should be warned against.-David Niven
  • jansusjansus Forumite
    12.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a reduction! Definitely a steal! :D

I feel less guilty now :D
    ITV comp winner no 41
  • LadyMorticiaLadyMorticia Forumite
    19.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokolo wrote: »
    Yes it was.

Its Monday so its "Happy Monday Family Fun Day Out", which means I drive somewhere with my housemate's to some takeaway/fastfood/restaurant to have lunch or dinner. :D

Oh how I am going to miss being a student.

Sounds nice. :D I've never been a "proper" student. I feel I've missed out now. :eek:
    What book is this? It sounds like something I might be interested in judging by LM's response. PM title if you want.

Last thing I bought was a dog behaviour class at £30.

It's a book called "Random Acts of Kindness" by Danny Wallace. It's been going around loads of MSErs for a while. When they're done with it, they send it to another person. I would be honoured to send it to you when I've finished with it? :)
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • You devil! :D

What are you going to do with the old one? Go on, take it into the garden and smash it to smithereens! I would. :j

That's what I should do with the new one as well - no more ironing :D
    Over futile odds
    And laughed at by the gods
    And now the final frame
    Love is a losing game
  • LadyMorticiaLadyMorticia Forumite
    19.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there's something specific that you want, the leftovers from the sales are a good place to look. Debenhams for instance, still has quite a bit in it's 70% off section. Quite a lot of it is tat now but there's still some good stuff in this and the other sale sections.

I love sales. We don't have a Debenhams that close to us. :( I think the nearest one is either Bristol or Taunton. When OH next treats me to a day out I might beg him to take me to Bristol shopping. I love bargains. :D
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019