Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

March 2011 Grocery Challenge - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

March 2011 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 February 2011 at 12:01AM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.5K replies 167.3K views

Replies

• Im going to be joining you again this month and aim for £450

This is for a family of 1 adult, 3 teenage kids and the dog. To include all toiletries, cleaning stuff, food and dog food.

Good luck everyone
    Sealed Pot Challenge member #982
    In 2012 I pledge to:- Save £1 a day, meal plan, be more organised, have NSDs, set myself a budget AND STICK TO IT, throw all loose change into Sealed Pot and not open it till 29th November.:money:
  • Well after last months disaster, here's to a nice new fresh month.
    can i be put down for £475 please. fingers crossed xxx :)
    Sealed pot challenge #310
    :beer:
  • Hi everyone,

Please can I try for £200 again this month?

I will get there eventually, that is the planned budget amount so it's just a case of sticking to the plan! Think I might try and plan a month's meals this time, see how it goes...
    “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.”

NSD Challenge: August 2017 2/15
  • Hi all
    Been a bit remiss since before Christmas so new start and all that so please put me down for £250/March :T
    £460/2000 mortg overpayment
  • Please count me in again at £400 for the month.

Thanks
    Proud to have dealt with our debt. DFW Nerd 1474
    DFD 25/08/15 _party_. Was: £23,929 01/01/14.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Hi can I join please - not monitored my spending properly on groceries before but have a tendancy to go in a shop for milk and come out with £20 worth :eek: on a regular basis.

I'm going to aim for £200 for march please as a starting point for 1 adult, 1 child and 1 v hungry bf at weekends.

Thanks and good luck everyone
    Daughters Sealed Saving Pot - start them young :money: £90 :T
  • Hello please can you update me for this mth - £300 This is for me DH 4 kiddies and a dog and includes all food, household bits, baby milk and dog food..... I dont think I added much last mth or my target amount?? It was £300 and I only went £2 over so I was very happy with that!! :D Lets see i I can do it again..............
    GC: Nov: £60.22/£450 Oct: £338.48/£450, July: £363.05/£450, June £447.98/£500
    £2 savers No68: £104/£100 :j
    :jmummy to: 8yr, 5yr, 3yr, 2yr, 1yr. No6 Due Mar 2013 My world.:j
  • franby64franby64 Forumite
    937 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Thank you to Pink winged, Mrs M and Rosieben for running the thread, much appreciated.

Mrs M, Sorry to be a pain but I'd like to go back to monthly from annual.
    I've realised that anything more complicated than 'here is your money for the month, try not to go over it' is too taxing for me:o
    And I'm not a big stockpiler so my outgoings don't change that much from month to month so I don't think there's much point in me being annual.
    So please could you put me down for £450 for March

I'm going to have a reccy and make a meal plan for the week this afternoon. Don't you just love a shiny new month!

Good luck everybody for March!
    May Shopping Challenge. 10/5. Budget £310 Spent £118.25.. £191.75 left. So £9.13 a day.
  • JumpsJumps Forumite
    150 posts
    Hello,
    I completely lost the plot last month but this month I need to be very strict as my cooker has died and I need to replace it!!:mad:
    Please can you put me down for £275.00 for March, my month will begin on Friday as it is payday!:T
    hope everyone has a good month.
    Debt Oct 2006 £42,215.21 at highest. Debt Today £0.00
  • kezloukezlou Forumite
    3.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for starting the thread up pink, rosie and mrs m:D

Didn't post much last month, but i can safely say what we spent about £86.01 for the whole of February including party food, and the stuff that went with it.

I will be keeping more of a tab in March and i'm trying to keep an eye on the budget even more.

Good luck all for March!