Sky, Virgin & BT TV Haggle down prices and get serious discounts Article Discussion

edited 26 January 2011 at 11:41AM in Phones & TV
8.9K replies 1.8M views

Replies

• just to let u know i phoned sky and got a deal we have the full package and mulitroom which is £67 a month i got 1month at 80% 0f then 4months 50% off & they told me when its coming to the end phone them againto c if they can do another deal , last year i tried this & it didnt work am so pleased :j
  • Hi All,

I had my line rental with BT at 11 pounds per month. Broadband, free calls all day everyday, and TV with NO movies used to cost me 58 pounds per months with sky. A grand total of 69 pounds per month.

I haggled with sky this morning and am now paying 45 pounds per month for everything including line rental and movies. So now i'm paying 24 pounds less for more, can't be bad can it; make the call!!!!!:T:rotfl:
  • Just phoned them, 50% discount for 6months and a new higher capacity HD box free (not the 1TB, just a replacement for my older HD box). My existing HD box will be moved to the other room to replace my VERY old SD Sky box.

The chap was very helpful, as I was seriously considering moving and he gave me what I think is a good deal to stay - everyone wins.

Darren.
  • ncthomas1ncthomas1 Forumite
    90 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Rang up Sky after seeing this thread (and after fuming about the price of HD and Sports etc for the last few months) found out, by a wonderfully helpfully lady that answered the phone, that my discounts on the broadband package were wrong, and had been wrong since Sept, so got £5/ mth backdated on that, as well as £5/mth discount ongoing (as it should be charged at £7.50 not £12.50 as I have Sky talk/ broadband thus avaialble for the discount). Told the nice lady that I was thinking of dumping Sky all together cos of the increasing costs, and she did 10% off for 6 mths so an equivalent saving for me of £34. Not bad for a 5 min phone call.
  • Just called the 0844 41 41 41 number and spoke to a really pleasant scots lady, and after discussing my account., agreed to get rid of the Sky Movies £16 p.m.No special reduction offers made.But still,I am saving money which I suppose what counts.
  • Just rang virgin, didnt get offered anything, offered to reduce by bill by taking away services.

I am on XL for for TV and Phone and L for broadband. May need to give sky a ring.
  • somerset_philsomerset_phil Forumite
    3 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I rang Sky in November to ask if they could offer me any freebies. They gave me Sky Movies free for 3 months. I rang to cancel the movies and they offered me Sky Movies free for another year + 50% off my bill. :T
  • I've phoned Sky and spoke to an Asian lady, told her my job was at risk of redundancy and could they do anything for me. She told me that I'm not entitled to any discounts, I asked to be put through to cancellations and after hanging on for 7 mins was automatically cut off. Not happy. I've called Sky again on a different number and selected the 'want to cancel' option and i'm on hold with a recorded message saying they are very busy and could take up to 20 mins to answer - not happy bunny, looks like i'm one of the unlucky one's, will keep you updated! Good luck everyone! :eek:
  • :A:jPhoned Sky to say I was uneasy with the over the top treatment of their football presenters. Yes they did wrong and apologised. I felt there was an undercurrent of betrayal in it all given that Gray allegedley had his phone hacked by NOTW and was taking legal action against them to discover what they did. NOTW is owned by News International, as is 39% of SKY! Me smells a rat in here. Told them added factor was 2 price increases since last summer. My principled stand crumbled when offered a 50% decrease in sub for 6mths. I have my principles but if you don't like them I have other principles.
  • I've phoned Sky and spoke to an Asian lady, told her my job was at risk of redundancy and could they do anything for me. She told me that I'm not entitled to any discounts, I asked to be put through to cancellations and after hanging on for 7 mins was automatically cut off. Not happy. I've called Sky again on a different number and selected the 'want to cancel' option and i'm on hold with a recorded message saying they are very busy and could take up to 20 mins to answer - not happy bunny, looks like i'm one of the unlucky one's, will keep you updated! Good luck everyone! :eek:

Round 2 - after holding on for 15 mins got through to a lovely scottish chap called Joseph, he reduced my package by 50% for 6 months, explained all the payments for the next 6 months, and also told me that if I changed my landline from BT to Sky i'd save on my Sky Broadband by £5. Thank you Joseph at Sky, am now a happy bunny and thank you MSE :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals