New Post Advanced Search

The £2.00 Coin Savers Club

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
4.6K replies 266K views

Replies

• chiefchief Forumite
    128 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Can I join ?!? Got to save up for my blessing ! :)

Rick
  • KellyBKellyB Forumite
    115 posts
    I'd like to join too. I've been getting lots of £2 coins in my change lately....so far I've spent them though lol

I'm going to start saving them now!

:D
  • KitleoKitleo Forumite
    152 posts
    Hi Chief and Kelly B :hello:

Of course you can join - Just do as Kelly B has done and add your £2 total to your signature bar - update every time you find one in your change.

Good luck you will soon be addicted tho' :wink:

Byee for now .... :wave:
    Official : £2 Saver #067/DFW Nerd Club Member #277/Sealed Pot Challenge #535
  • KellyBKellyB Forumite
    115 posts
    Ooooh I love a challenge!

I gave up smoking on Monday so from now on when I get my change at the shops I'll ask for it in £2 coins instead of saying "20 Mayfair please"

By the way does anyone have any ideas how to make a DIY money box?

I love those Terramundi but they are too pricey for me ;-)

I've made a money box out of an old Margerine tub.... I covered it with nice paper that some of my Christmas presents came wrapped in, sealed it up and put a hole in it!

hth

:)
  • I've found that the large Smartie tubes (the ones on sale around Christmas) are just the right circumference and hold a fair few £2ers. Plus you have the fun of emptying them before you start!!
  • oooh can i join too :D:D:D lol ... i really need to start saving, got a lovely holiday planned for when i graduate so need loads of spending money ... ohh and I need to pay for the holiday too :p lol ...

...also KellyB what is the Competition Challenge 2007?? sounds interesting too :D

... Going to hunt down a £2 coin now so I can start my savers club lol :D xx
  • KellyBKellyB Forumite
    115 posts
    LittleStar wrote:
    oooh can i join too :D:D:D lol ... i really need to start saving, got a lovely holiday planned for when i graduate so need loads of spending money ... ohh and I need to pay for the holiday too :p lol ...

...also KellyB what is the Competition Challenge 2007?? sounds interesting too :D

... Going to hunt down a £2 coin now so I can start my savers club lol :D xx

Competition challenge is here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=333951

hth

:D
  • lim1bdlim1bd Forumite
    14 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Up to £282 now. Has been slow going over the last few months as I'm out and about less (and spending less too!). But nice to see the amount going up anyway!
  • Skint_CattSkint_Catt Forumite
    11.5K posts
    Can I be added officially please please????

I got £60 so far - only really put the effort in since Xmas.

Saving to pay off some debts.

S_C
  • mummytummymummytummy Forumite
    814 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    Had to put petrol in the car today so went to tesco for the club points and they gave me 4 £2 coins in change:eek: now I'm battling with can I afford to put them all in the tin with it being another 2 weeks till pay day...............

.......................I did it:j
    Sealed Pot Challenge no.14 (2021) #6 & #11
    Sealed Pot Challenge no.13 (2020) # 11 £1608.00
    Sealed Pot Challenge no.12 (2019) #11 total £1445.39

MFiT-T5 #23, October 4th 2019 new 20 year mortgage of $425,157.00/£212,578.00 - aim to reduce mortgage to $350,000 by the end of this challenge, January 2022, current balance $392,879.00 I aim to finish mortgage by 2030
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support