Can Santander get anything right?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
9 replies 1.2K views
slugger09slugger09 Forumite
411 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
Yesterday I posted about card payments no going out over Christmas, and still haven't today I may add, and now today no sign of payments going in, My pay hasn't appeared so I am guessing I will now be skint until Tuesday, My co-workers pay has gone in, all bar those with Santander, I am getting the impression from Santander that anything that can go wrong usually does.

Anyone else having issues with pay not going in this week?

Replies

• opinions4uopinions4u
    19.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HBOS had a Christmas Eve problem that was fixed by around 8.30am.

Give it until after 9am - fingers crossed!
  • In answer to your question, the evidence suggests no.
  • pmdukpmduk Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps your new year's resolution should be to find a better bank?
  • adamc260adamc260 Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    I think if everyone moved banks from Santander and they were left with very few customers, they'd soon make some dramatic changes. All I hear on this forum is complaints about Santander, I'm with HSBC and I never have an issue... ever! My pay goes in, my direct debits go out on time always, internet banking works fine, my standing orders to my savings accounts go off on time =/
  • SparhawkeSparhawke Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    And Abbey used to be such a great bank...until the takeover.

I know the girls in my local branch but there is no way in hell I am going to stay with them, they cannot even get a simple instruction right.
    "Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck" - The Doctor.
  • scott_lithgowsscott_lithgows Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    adamc260 wrote: »
    I think if everyone moved banks from Santander and they were left with very few customers, they'd soon make some dramatic changes. All I hear on this forum is complaints about Santander, I'm with HSBC and I never have an issue... ever! My pay goes in, my direct debits go out on time always, internet banking works fine, my standing orders to my savings accounts go off on time =/

They would just buy over every building society and bank they could get their grubby hands on,in order to keep their market share.
    I have a deep burning indifference
  • They would just buy over every building society and bank they could get their grubby hands on,in order to keep their market share.

And be in serious debt probably!

They hyped themselves up so much with this massive 'We're Santander and we're going to be the biggest, most stable bank...' and then the problems come in WAVES, they've been on Watchdog, are being fined left right and centre yet someone at the top taking home a STUPID wage thinks 'Yeh good work guys!! Bonus time'
  • adamc260 wrote: »
    And be in serious debt probably!

They hyped themselves up so much with this massive 'We're Santander and we're going to be the biggest, most stable bank...' and then the problems come in WAVES, they've been on Watchdog, are being fined left right and centre yet someone at the top taking home a STUPID wage thinks 'Yeh good work guys!! Bonus time'

LOL @ stable bank
    agreed though they might turn into the situation northern rock had turned into
  • If Santander got themselves into a Northern Rock type situation I hope to God no one bails them out - Santander shouldn't be rescued from such a situation but should be helped to die swiftly.

Is that a little strong - sorry I spent much of this afternoon dealing with them - blood pressure slowly returning to normal.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides