New Post Advanced Search

December 2010 Grocery Challenge

edited 29 November 2010 at 11:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
662 replies 45.1K views

Replies

• NickJWNickJW Forumite
    678 posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I don't quite know what happened to my previous post...I'm showing as quoting Ditz, but I actually quoted Scotsaver...:o

Sorry about that....
    Grocery Challenge 14 Jan 14 £46.05/£130

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51

DFD 1st March 2011 :T
  • well our tesco shop turned up so im very impressed with them as asda had cancelled deliveries in our area im told. spent £105.13, had alot of christmas goodies on which i am including in my budget but am taking off £15 as they are gifts for people so ill be adding £92.13 to my total
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • Menolly - thats my local MrT too!! *waves at nearby MSE'r*

Hubby decided he needed something for his sandwichs so off we trudged to town and got some ham & sossie rolls in MrS and then to Lidls for jam, coleslaw and cake for me!! :)

will update in a mo when i find my reciepts
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• DiflowerDiflower Forumite
    601 posts
    Seductivesmile what a lovely family you have:) Hope you feel better soon.

Well, we finally have snow - rather a lot of snow! 8 or 9" out there now. OH couldn't get anywhere to work so decided to enjoy it. We and dog had a lovely time:)

Yesterday he got yoghurt and milk for us so just a tiny spend so far.
    Thank goodness for the breadmaker, flour & yeast supplies. We're ok for most things except potatoes and wine, I guess we can manage without.

Thanks to those who look after this thread and could I please be put down for £260 for December

• I've just bought the big 6.2 L slow cooker from Argos, only £14-99, catalogue code 423-6045, found it on here somewhere. Now all I need is a few tried and tested recipes to get me started. I would be grateful of anything yummy.
    Mongy
    Jan GC £28-49/£120 NSD's 15/17
    Dec GC £90-90/£140 NSD's 17/18
    Storms make oaks take deeper root
  • mummygemsmummygems Forumite
    357 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Well we have a fair bit of snow here in Essex (about 30cm) so the only place I have been is to the local co-op for some supplies BUT they had run out of pretty much everything I wanted. I did manage to get milk and bread so thats the main thing. No eggs, no carrots and no potatoes. I did manage to get canned carrots and potatoes (but they wont do for mash lol). Took about 25mins to walk the usual 7mins to the shop (with the kids and DH in tow). I could have driven but our road is like a sheet of ice with a little incline that no one seems to have concured today (and being pregnant and having little ones I didnt fancy giving it a go!).

I have a hospital appointment tomorrow and either DH or his dad is going to drive so I will see if we can make a detour into MrA or MrT so I can get a little stock up of the things we will need.

School has been closed since Tuesday and my little ones can only spend a short time in the snow before they get cold and/or bored so I am going a bit stir crazy being stuck indoors (there is only so much colouring/sticking etc you can do)!!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok with the snow or otherwise.
    2 adults and 3 children DD (13), DD (11) & DS (9) :smileyhea and 2 mental beagles
  • No spend day today. Have had a good sort out of my stock cupboard and pantry. I'm all for eating out of date tinned and packet foods but my collection of couscous was really quite alarming so i made 2 huge bowls up of it and put it outside for the birds! We ate from the freezer and cupbaords again today. Jacket spuds, cheese and beans with home made bread. Also just made some peanut butter fudge....which is rather yummy even if i do say so meself....off to knick a bit more of it...it supposed to be going in the freezer for Christmas, but it might not make it at this rate!
    Grocery Challenge for October: £135/£200

NSD Challenge: October 0/14
  • jintybjintyb Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    katholicos wrote: »
    No spend day today. Have had a good sort out of my stock cupboard and pantry. I'm all for eating out of date tinned and packet foods but my collection of couscous was really quite alarming so i made 2 huge bowls up of it and put it outside for the birds! We ate from the freezer and cupbaords again today. Jacket spuds, cheese and beans with home made bread. Also just made some peanut butter fudge....which is rather yummy even if i do say so meself....off to knick a bit more of it...it supposed to be going in the freezer for Christmas, but it might not make it at this rate!

Any chance of the recipe for the fudge? Sounds fab! I'm having the same dinner as you - my tattie is in the oven as I type ( no micro)
    One of my fave dinners!:)

you will always be rich enough to be generous.
  • jintyb wrote: »
    Any chance of the recipe for the fudge? Sounds fab! I'm having the same dinner as you - my tattie is in the oven as I type ( no micro)
    One of my fave dinners!:)

Of course!

1 lb icing sugar
    250 grams peanut butter
    228 grams butter
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp vanilla essence

Melt the butter, salt and peanut butter...either in a microwave or over a saucepan of boiling water. When melted stir in the vanilla essence and icing sugar. When mixed together, put the mixture into a baking tin or other recepticle of your choosing. If you line the tin with foil it is easier to remove the fudge later. Refrigerate until it firms up :)
    Grocery Challenge for October: £135/£200

NSD Challenge: October 0/14
  • kipperskippers Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Spent £1.07 on carrots from co-op today and £2 for two bags of hula hoops (20 packs altogether which i thought was good). This morning i went to my allotment in the snow and dug up a red cabbage for tomorrows tea and some leeks for tea tonight...we had mushroom and leek pasta bake, without the mushroom lol....it was lovely. We had it with h/m garlic bread, carrots and brussells which my dad kindly brought me today (my brussells at my allotment are hopeless this year).

Anyway, i'm keeping in budget so far, but i must keep it up
    :j :j :j :j :j