Forum Home» Marriage, Relationships & Families

MSE Parents Club Part 15 - Page 752

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

MSE Parents Club Part 15

10.3K replies 356K views

Replies

• weezl74weezl74 Forumite
    8.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see you Bruno! how are you doing? Is DW ok?

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • aless02aless02 Forumite
    5.1K posts
    r.mac wrote: »
    Just my take on things ;) This and the chapter 'am I about to get divorced?' are the chapters I'd like to see included in the pregnancy/new baby/new parenting books.

I love it! :rotfl:

weezl, have you seen GP yet about your Edinburgh score? Please take care of yourself, lovey - there are other options if you don't want to take pills.

r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • Hi Twoflowers :) I can't imagine what your going through but please feel free to vent as much as you like, the ladies here (and Bruno!) are full of support and advice.

Thanks everyone for your advice re: my OH, T's eczema and cleaning silver (randomly!) I spoke to OH last night on the phone and online chat, I think he understands and said he will try to support me as much as poss with the way I have been feeling, although I am a little concerned it's opened our minds to what could be the source of how I am feeling...

My mum was supposed to come over today but she is ill :( we were guna bath T as I cant do it myself (due to my back). Wish she was well, feel v aware that I havent left the house/ seen a human being since Sunday AM. I am having no luck with this amazon black friday thing, I tried to add something to just see how it all works and the page completely crashed and has been loading since. Also got a parcel to collect from PO, but the pram doesnt fit in the shop and I dont particularly wana leave T outside, do I drive with him in car?! (its 5 mins walk!!)
  • weezl74weezl74 Forumite
    8.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    aless02 wrote: »
    I love it! :rotfl:

weezl, have you seen GP yet about your Edinburgh score? Please take care of yourself, lovey - there are other options if you don't want to take pills.

r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I'm due to go tomorrow afternoon, it was a bit tricky to work out a time for an appointment when I could have some childcare.

hope your new job is going well x

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • gill_81uk wrote: »
    :)

KitKat - I'm sorry I still haven;t got the name of the cream for you but one tip that has made a huge difference to T is that you need to put LOADS of cream on frequently. The HV used the words 'baste him in it' lol. She ran her hand over his skin and said that he should have so much cream on that if you do that then your hand should feel moist at any point during the day. If it's dry then it's not working. His has near enough gone, it's makes me so happy to see his skin so clear :)

Gill is the creams called Hydromol. Very greasy and vaseline like? My HV said this would bring out the red, then to out the steroid cream on where it was red. It's very messey, but worked though.
    5.1K posts
    Where is everyone? It's lunchtime and I need company!

:p
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

• Well Henry and I rocked up at the doctors' this morning for his jabs, only to be told the nurse is off sick so we have to go back next week. Apparently they had no way of letting people know- so presumably my doctors' surgery is the only one in the UK without phones ;).

And I've now had a phone call to say swimming is cancelled too! Need to think of something else to do now.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • I'm here Aless. Just back from lunch.

I think everyone is too scarred to click away from Amazon Black Friday :rotfl:
    5.1K posts
    Oh no! Can you not just take Henry swimming yourself and paddle around?

I'm refusing to go on the Amazon site to even SEE what's there. We have no money and I don't need anything, so there. :p

• aless02 wrote: »
    Where is everyone? It's lunchtime and I need company!

:p

I think they're all in Edinburgh...well the [STRIKE]gobby[/STRIKE] chatty ones must be anyway!
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support