Forum Home» How much have you saved?

Weezl and friends Phase 2 -giving it a whirl for Shirl! Testing meal plan for a month - Page 633

New Post Advanced Search

Weezl and friends Phase 2 -giving it a whirl for Shirl! Testing meal plan for a month

edited 5 April 2010 at 7:54AM in How much have you saved?
6.3K replies 342.5K views
1627628629630631633»

Replies

• JulimkJulimk Forumite
    349 posts
    Hi Daphne & welcome.

I lurked for ages, but in the end I couldn’t resist getting more involved, as it is so exciting & the food is amazing (especially at the price!)

Sorry to hear that you can only manage plain food most of the time. Is it just the pregnancy? (Congrats BTW, I only have one & she is starting senior school in September!!)

The new planner should be available on the main site soon, and I am sure there will be some new things you might like to try, even if just dipping in & out. The new design for the recipe page(s) has a specific page for lunches, which should make it easier for you.
  • JulimkJulimk Forumite
    349 posts
    Hi Susan

Thanks for your suggestion. Have you traced your family tree far back? (I know this is totally OT, but we were told chat was OK!)

After I started looking into it I had an email out of the blue from Antigua, from a chap saying that he thought he had a rellie of mine with him. She was just visiting (we have a WI ancestor in common) & turned out to be my second cousin once removed. We pooled our resources/ findings & were able to progress our shared line quickly from that.

My family was in London in 1841 & barely a dozen families with the same surname at that time & mostly in the clothing trade. Most of the other families are in the County Durham/ North Yorkshire border area. Which is where my family was just 60 years earlier. So I am sure they are all connected!

There is potentially a very famous rellie but still not entirely sure how he fits in. Rudyard followed by a cake brand … His Dad & family before that are also North Yorkshire.
  • SusanC_2SusanC_2 Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Julimk wrote: »
    Hi Susan

Thanks for your suggestion. Have you traced your family tree far back? (I know this is totally OT, but we were told chat was OK!)

After I started looking into it I had an email out of the blue from Antigua, from a chap saying that he thought he had a rellie of mine with him. She was just visiting (we have a WI ancestor in common) & turned out to be my second cousin once removed. We pooled our resources/ findings & were able to progress our shared line quickly from that.

My family was in London in 1841 & barely a dozen families with the same surname at that time & mostly in the clothing trade. Most of the other families are in the County Durham/ North Yorkshire border area. Which is where my family was just 60 years earlier. So I am sure they are all connected!

There is potentially a very famous rellie but still not entirely sure how he fits in. Rudyard followed by a cake brand … His Dad & family before that are also North Yorkshire.
    I've got 1766 on my Grandad's Dad's side and 1784 on my Grandad's Mum's side. I've got a possible 1836 on my Grandma's Mum's side. Her Dad came from South Africa, died when she was twelve and was of Indian descent so is a bit of a dead end but I did find him on a ship passenger list using a free trial of ancestry.com which says he was born "about 1885". I haven't done anything on my dad's side because my Auntie does it and has as far back as some seven greats grandparents marrying in 1680.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • poohbear59poohbear59 Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

I haven't even been lurking recently but thought I would pop in and say hello. I am still working on my business plan. Redrafting over and over for various business advisors. Now I know how my kids felt when I asked them to improve their course work:D

I have started looking at the dropbox contents, once I established it wasn't something dodgy. Us old people had never heard of it!

We are busy every day until next week then I will try to have a proper look. I had planned to make carrot cake this afternoon but my family have told me to have a break from cooking and DS2 has made a variation on the butternut squash risotto-marrow risotto.
    Grocery challenge £35/£200 business mortgage £13798))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £7116=Total of £20914, 69% paid off was £68105 Weight to lose [STRIKE]42lbs[/STRIKE] 0 to go!! :D PPI claimed and received £13527 Save 12k in 2017no 116. £0/5000
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • AllegraAllegra Forumite
    1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Poohbear, Kitty and new thread are now live :) Come over and say hello on there !
  • nopot2pinnopot2pin Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Allegra wrote: »
    Poohbear, Kitty and new thread are now live :) Come over and say hello on there !

:(
    Where is this please ?
    :o
    Sorry, I have been quite busy recently to look :(
  • nopot2pinnopot2pin Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D

Its ok.... its HERE
    ;)
  • Okay I'm stopping by here as I have a quick question relating to this mealplan - I ended up doing the first not the second!

Is there a list on what on the meal plan is to be done on a batch cooking day, and is it the same each week if that makes sense? Food's arriving in a bit and need to decide what needs to be made! Thanks :)
  • Okay I'm stopping by here as I have a quick question relating to this mealplan - I ended up doing the first not the second!

Is there a list on what on the meal plan is to be done on a batch cooking day, and is it the same each week if that makes sense? Food's arriving in a bit and need to decide what needs to be made! Thanks :)
    Hi, I can't answer the question I'm afraid but I don't think this thread is active so try HERE Good luck with the meal plans! :)
    Trying to spend less time on MSE so I can get more done ... it's not going great so far! :)
    Sorry if I don't reply to posts - I'm having MAJOR trouble keeping up these days!

Frugal Living Challenge 2011

Sealed Pot #671 :A DFW Nerd #1185
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support