Okay so heres the deal..

Ive had my card with them for a couple of years.. and ive always been stung with late payments fees...

Never kept the statements they always went through the shredder..

So i send a cheeky letter off to ask for a refund ( without a figure).... and asking them to debit my account with £10.00 ( instead of me sending £10.00 i have no cheque book).

They come back offering £50.00 as a gesture of good will and ask for a cheque in terms of the SAR.

I sat on it, and basiclly forgot about it.. and didnt reply.

Then out of the blue yesterday get a letter exactly the same offering £110.00.

My lines of thinking now are.... it must be a hell of a lot more ( in charges ) if they have come in with £110.00, so this week am arranging for the SAR.

Just wanted to ask.. if anyone out there has any experience of store card offers... i.e. how low do they start the "negotiation at?"

Replies

• Premier_2Premier_2 Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    You can either accept the offer or dind out how much total of charges actually amounts to.

You will need to pay £10.

They won't deduct this from your account.
    (a) I'm not sure they are allowed to
    and
    (b) they are entitled to the money. They are not going to lend it to you.

If you don't have a cheque book, you may be able to get a counter cheque from your bank.
    If that's not possible, you could get a postal order from the post office.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Okay so i sent the SAR letter off today with the £10.. I will let you know how it goes!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Mortgage rates

What can you (or should you) do?

MSE News

Train strikes

Your refund rights explained

MSE News