EMIRATE INTERNATIONAL Winner

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I won! I won! I won!
8 replies 962 views
LisaChristieLisaChristie Forumite
86 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I won! I won! I won!
Hi Guys!

I have received a email to say I am one of the winners of a 'promotion organized by EMIRATE INTERNATIONAL' and it is linked to a Mace & Jones Solicitors in Manchester.

Has anyone else received a email like this, I get a feeling its a con but I want to obviously make sure first before I reply!

Thank you for all you're advise.

Lisa
:money:
Comp Wins so far in 2007:
Jessica Parker Perfume and Body Lotion/Food Steamer

Replies

• AnnieHAnnieH Forumite
    8.1K Posts
    Does it say what you have won - what you have to do to claim your prize etc??
  • PrudentPrudent Forumite
    11.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry, but this does sound a bit dubious. Check there is no cost to you first.
  • Thank you for you're replies. Let me know what you think. This is what the email said:

Welcome to Mace & Jones Solicitors; It is not news anymore to know that you won as part of the promotion organized by EMIRATE INTERNATIONAL.

I am ALAN THOMPSON, EMIRATES LOTTERY CLAIMS AGENT. I want to officially welcome you to MACE & JONES SOLICITORS, this firm has been saddled with the verification/claims exercise made by winners notified of
    their Claims, and to invoke necessary action against winners subject to falsification. I must say that you should count yourself extremely lucky to have emerged as one the winners among Fifteen winners in this years lucky dip sweepstakes. Subject to this draw, your email address was randomly selected by their (RCSS) RANDOM COMPUTER SELECTION SYSTEM along with other Email Address from over 100,000 Unions, Associations, and
    Corporate Bodies that where listed on-line for the Draw. Therefore, your email address was selected as winner.

please provide the following information to enable us file your claims;

1. FULL NAMES:
    2. ADDRESS:
    3. SEX:
    4. AGE:
    5. MARITAL STATUS:
    6. OCCUPATION:
    7. E-MAIL ADDRESS:
    8. TELEPHONE NUMBER:
    9. FILE NUMBER:
    10.BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF COMPANY/INDIVIDUAL:
    11.AMOUNT WON:
    12.COUNTRY:

I want to Clearly state here that Your Money is very much safe in hands, as it has been insured by an affiliate financial/insurance company, which makes it impossible to be tempered or redeemed by any imposter, relation, friend or even staff of this company. We also advice that you keep your winning information very confidential as our security policy demands your assistance in this regards to avoid double claims/impersonation and unwarranted abuse of this programby some unscrupulous individuals.

In this regard you are to choose from the options below the one that best suites you on how you wish to receive your funds, this is an agreement existing between Companies organizing promotions and the British Government.

The documents to be transferred to you are as follows depending on the option chosen below for claim of price;

1.WINNING CERTIFICATE FROM EMIRATES PROMOTION INTERNATIONAL HEADQUARTERS.
    2.WINNERS CHEQUE FOR THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE
    3.CLEAR SOURCE OF FUNDS CERTIFICATES (C.S.F.C.);
    4.INSURANCE CERTIFICATE.
    5.CERTIFICATE OF DEPOSIT
    6.DEED OF LODGE

OPTIONS

1: Travel in person to collect your funds at the EMIRATE INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION center in United Kingdom. We would require you present
    a valid International Passport as proof of Identification before VISA modalities will be resolved by the lottery Board which usually takes some
    time for approval.

2: Bank Transfer of your prize money to your present Bank account to any
    destignated bank through Online Banking. Information provided by you will be Process by our firm
    and forwarded to the bank. Upon you request, further additional details will
    be made available to you in subsequent mails.

(1)A SCANNED COPY OF DRIVERS LICENSE/ INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT.
    (2)VALID RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS
    (3)PHONE AND FAX NUMBER
    (4)REFERENCE NUMBER
    (5)BATCH NUMBER
    (6)OCCUPATION
    (7)AMOUNT WON
    (8)FULL NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS

3: Have an affiliate courier company send you a written cheque in your name
    with the details provided, this is in consonance with our policy in this
    regard. Be advised that if you opt for the cheque to be couriered, EMIRATE INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION
    however exempts itself from all liability related to this service which includes damage or any form indemnity for
    delivery. YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COST ATTACHED TO SERVICES
    RENDERED BY THE COURIER COMPANY TO YOU. This is a prerequisite for this option. You will be referred to our
    affiliate courier company on enquires regarding modalities and charges as regards to delivery. The reason for this option; is to avoid cases of double
    taxation, on occasions where you would be required to sign for the release of
    your winnings personally.

NOTE: We expect you to notify us immediately with your choice of remittance
    upon receipt of this message either by Calling the following number above,
    or send us a Fax / Email message. This will enable us make appropriate
    arrangement towards providing your prize money through the following
    mentioned options.

We expect that you will notify us of your choice upon receipt of this message so that appropriate arrangement can be put in place.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    :money:
    Comp Wins so far in 2007:
    Jessica Parker Perfume and Body Lotion/Food Steamer
  • RACHIE77RACHIE77 Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,

Do you remember entering a competition run by EMIRATES (there is an airline by this name??)

I would suggest as a first step that you check out their email address/
    tel/fax number with this website (http://194.131.210.216/eappub/MACEJONES/publish/1868/200401151431496I/index.asp)which appears to be a reputable solicitors firm in the Manchester area
    - as you can see from the link they do have a solicitor there called Alan Thompson and his email address & telephone number is listed on the site, is this the same as what you have??

HTH

Rachel
    Official DFW Nerd 210 :D
  • jonesMUFCforeverjonesMUFCforever Forumite
    28.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a con TRUST ME.
    They will use the info you supply them for fraudelent activity.

I will guarantee that you will have to ''send'' a fee before being able to claim your win and that is the last you will hear from them.

Check carefully any email address quoted in the mail - does it come from a Uk or foreign address??

Bin it and save yourself the hassle. This is just another form of the Nigeria 419 scam.
  • Its a Scam, ignore it...
  • CBoCBo Forumite
    506 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    however exempts itself from all liability related to this service which includes damage or any form indemnity for
    delivery. YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COST ATTACHED TO SERVICES
    RENDERED BY THE COURIER COMPANY TO YOU. This is a prerequisite for this option. You will be referred to our
    affiliate courier company on enquires regarding modalities and charges as regards to delivery
    Here's the nigerians excuse to mess you about for admin fees - the classic 419er. Always asking some sort of money before a win can be "recieved" should always ring scam bells. Especially when they asking for so much info (passport scans should never be given out), use bloated bad worded english to confuse and then use a really big organisation that would never run such a promotion (usally it's a fuel company such as Bp).

If you check the e-mail body you will find the ip it was really send from was probably Nigerian.

Check out 419eater.com and thescambaiter.com as they have some examples of similar e-mails and have messed these scammers about.
  • AnnieHAnnieH Forumite
    8.1K Posts
    i'D GO WITH WHAT THE OTHERS HAVE SAID. JUST DElete the message. If they want to transfer your winnings into your bank then they'll need your bank details. RUN AWAY!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals