Enzyme cleaners - where to buy???

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Pets & Pet Care
15 replies 86.5K views
JemJampotJemJampot Forumite
14 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Pets & Pet Care
Hi all, does anyone know of a good brand of enzyme cleaner stuff for our kitchen - have almost got dog totally toilet trained now (thanks to the crate!!) but we really need to "de-toilet" the kitchen to stop her thinking its okay.

I've looked around online but most seem to be american and cost a fortune. Can anyone recommend any ones we can buy in the UK??

Thanks!
I can't get into my old JemJam account - annoying times!! So this is my not so new one!

Replies

• lisawood78lisawood78 Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Simple solution, or biological washing powder.

Simple is sold in PAH, some supermarkets and online (inc Ebay) We use it to de-pee our patio and it works wonders.
    2 angels in heaven :A
  • can I ask?

Is it the simple solution in the trigger spray and if so how do you use it on the patio to remove the odours? Do you dilute it at all?

This has really excited me (sad I know!) as I have been trying to get rid of the urine smell on our patio for ages!

Many Thanks for your help

Lady M xx
  • amy104amy104 Forumite
    283 Posts
    Could you use white vinegar? Its a great natural disinfectant and as long as you can air well to let the chip shop smell dissappear it should completely neturalise the urine. I use it on all my bunnies hutches and litter trays.
    3.9K Posts
    Its the Simple solution in the big bottles. I guess it's the same as in the trigger spray but in larger quantities.
    We buy it per gallon on Ebay.
    We then dilute it (I think the measurements are on the bottle but we just chuck some in) in a watering can with hot water (It doesn't need to be hot but my theory is it kills germs) and 'water' the smelly areas.

We let it dry there and have had no ill effects but of course always read the bottle! It really removes the pee smell, and we have a lot of pee smell to remove, with 2 female Great Danes!
    3.9K Posts
    I couldn't use white vinegar, but then i'm highly allergic to it, darn it.
  • BeckyyBeckyy Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    1001 pet stain and odour remover, it's a bright yellow trigger bottle. It also smells fantastic! Avaiable from wilkinsons, for a couple of pound. Or B&Q (at about double the price of wilko)

Or biological washing powder diluted a little.
    3.9K Posts
    Ahh another Dane owner, trust us to know about odour removal :-)
  • Ooo loads of answers, awesome! I'll have a look on ebay for Simple solution, with the biological washing powder, do you mean literally jsut washing powder like diluted??
    I can't get into my old JemJam account - annoying times!! So this is my not so new one!
  • Definitely vinegar - used to very good result on Male cat spray and urine.... smell completely gone withiut even cleaning up the patch after I put vinegar on... and is "as cheap as chips" :rotfl:
  • ali-tali-t Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would use biological washing powder but I also use Mistral odourkill which comes in loads of lovely smells like bubblegum, mint and baby powder. It can be used inside or out and can be bought cheaply on ebay.
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals