Car driving jobs

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Boost Your Income
8 replies 1.3K views
wayne1983wayne1983 Forumite
1.5K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Boost Your Income
Hi, id like to know if anyone as ever done the job i saw advertised at blue arrow a while ago. It was driving 'home help' carers to the clients.?
Also what car driving jobs are avialable to do either with your own car or a company car, thanks.:beer:
2016 Money challenge - £290

Replies

• SailorSamSailorSam Forumite
    22.8K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taxi/ Private Hire driver.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • scotsbobscotsbob Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Some NHS areas employ drivers evenings and weekends to drive doctors to and from home visits.

Many large car dealerships employ part time drivers to move stock from one branch to another. This can involve long distances e.g. customer living in Torquay but model of car they want is located in Birmingham.

There is apparently a lot of delivery work available for parcel companies.

Pizza companies employ drivers for deliveries, mainly evenings.

If you are near a large airport with off site parking, there is a demand for drivers to meet customers at the airport with their car.
  • wayne1983wayne1983 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    scotsbob wrote: »
    Some NHS areas employ drivers evenings and weekends to drive doctors to and from home visits.

Many large car dealerships employ part time drivers to move stock from one branch to another. This can involve long distances e.g. customer living in Torquay but model of car they want is located in Birmingham.

There is apparently a lot of delivery work available for parcel companies.

Pizza companies employ drivers for deliveries, mainly evenings.

If you are near a large airport with off site parking, there is a demand for drivers to meet customers at the airport with their car.

Thanks for the replies, regards the doctors thing, is this a specific role you apply for or is it an 'in house' type work, thanks:beer:
  • scotsbobscotsbob Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    wayne1983 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, regards the doctors thing, is this a specific role you apply for or is it an 'in house' type work, thanks

No idea, a former colleague in the north does it but he is on holiday so can't ask him.

I recall him telling me it's all organised under caretrust primaries or some such name and the I think the group who organise it are called Doctors On Call or similar.

If it interests you why not do your own research and contact the helth people in your area.
  • bbl_2bbl_2 Forumite
    105 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Dont know where you are but Kings college hospital in london always wanted drivers to take patients to and from the hospital. You dont wait about for the same patient, you can just do a one way run or can see if they need any patients dropping off. IIRC it was about £50 a time, mate was unfortunately up there one point and they asked if i wanted to take people up there since i was there daily but couldnt commit. Might be worth seeing if local hospital has comething similar?
    Work in progress.
    1.5K Posts
    bbl wrote: »
    Dont know where you are but Kings college hospital in london always wanted drivers to take patients to and from the hospital. You dont wait about for the same patient, you can just do a one way run or can see if they need any patients dropping off. IIRC it was about £50 a time, mate was unfortunately up there one point and they asked if i wanted to take people up there since i was there daily but couldnt commit. Might be worth seeing if local hospital has comething similar?

Thanks for the replies, that sounds something id be interested in doing, was it in your own car or was it there car?.
    Reasons i ask for specific car driving is, im wanting to put in for my D1 on my licence, however im having difficulty, surprisingly somewhere that does the training in sheffield.
    Then i looked at van supermarket delivery and they need C1, and all these course cost x£100s, so as you can see very expensive which annoys me, but we wont go there!
    So i thought about car driving and thats why, oh and im in sheffield!, thanks everyone.:beer:
  • chrisvaldezchrisvaldez Forumite
    317 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Domino's are nearly always looking for drivers in a lot of branches. Every time I have been flat broke, I've got and driven for them for a few months. Pay is slap bang on minimum wage in most circumstances but it's all money!
    1.5K Posts
    Thanks ive looked at dominoes and one to consider.
    I have sent an email to sheffield nhs jobs and asked about transporting clients about so i will see what happens there.:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid test firms form self-regulating body

A bid to tackle poor service concerns

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ quotes & cashback

MSE Guides