MSE News - Nationwide: house prices fall for first time in five months

This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"The average price of a UK property dropped by 0.5% to £169,347 between June and July ..."

Replies

• gary2007gary2007 Forumite
    25 Posts
    I would guess house prices would drop or not rise during this time of the year due to school holidays. Only my non expert opinion
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • http://www.nationwide.co.uk/hpi/archive.htm

STRICTLY EMBARGOED UNTIL 7.00AM THURSDAY 30TH JULY 2009 ***
    House prices up for third month in a row
    House prices rose by 1.3% in July
    *** STRICTLY EMBARGOED UNTIL 7.00AM THURSDAY 31ST JULY 2008
    House price falls continue in July
    The price of a typical house fell by 1.7% in July
    *** STRICTLY EMBARGOED UNTIL 7.00AM THURSDAY 26TH JULY 2007 ***
    Brakes slammed on house prices in July
    House price growth stalled in July, bringing annual growth back down into single digits
    *** STRICTLY EMBARGOED UNTIL 7.00AM TUESDAY 1 AUGUST 2006 ***
    House prices warm up as temperatures soar in July
    House price growth picks up to 0.8% in July

***STRICTLY EMBARGOED UNTIL 7.00AM THURSDAY 28th JULY 2005***
    House prices resilient in face of economic uncertainty
    House prices increased by 0.2% in July,
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]***STRICTLY EMBARGOED UNTIL 7.00AM THURSDAY 29 JULY 2004***[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Market slowdown interrupted[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]House prices up 2.1% during July

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]2008 was negative due to the crash unravelling. [/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]2007 looks like the steam was running out just before the crash.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]Otherwise it can be positive...[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]
    [/FONT][/FONT]
  • gary2007 wrote: »
    I would guess house prices would drop or not rise during this time of the year due to school holidays. Only my non expert opinion

The Nationwide house price survey is seasonally adjusted, so the quoted figure is on top of any rise or fall one would expect for the time of year.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides