New Post Advanced Search

DLA fraud check

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
403 replies 29.2K views

Replies

• krisskross wrote: »
    Unfortunately perhaps for you it is the DWP who hold the cards, decide who does the medicals and also decide whether you are getting any money.

And I hold the cards to take matters to a Tribunal even for the hell of it which costs the DWP more money and provides a forum to expose their medical negligence and incompetence.

Currently the majority of tribunals are sucessful.
  • ash4becksash4becks Forumite
    589 posts
    Nope - the negative answers at 1 & 2 should prove extremely useful at any Appeal Tribunal as would the lack of a GMC number.

They accuse claimants of fraud but surely using poorly qualified medical staff is also fraud. Professional fraud.

I am sure no one would go to an accountant with a dental problem.

thinking about this if there not a registered doctor or nurse then what right do they have to examine you if that is needed
  • edited 28 July 2010 at 10:41PM
    karatedragonkaratedragon Forumite
    1.1K posts
    edited 28 July 2010 at 10:41PM
    ash4becks wrote: »
    thinking about this if there not a registered doctor or nurse then what right do they have to examine you if that is needed

Whether it is true or not I am unsure but I read on a forum that some of the ATOS medical staff are actually doctors that have been struck off.

That would be even more scandal to use at a Tribunal

For those DLA haters - would you like it if your GP was a doctor that had been "struck off"??
  • ash4becks wrote: »
    its one of them things you no or you dont i asked to get refered for help as a adult they didnt no where to start and no two of them didnt no what dyspraxia was,

so much so on the gp dla report she put no known issues with balance gait and walking cordination etc which it affects all of these i cant walk in a stright line was told i would fail a usa style sobriety test and if i was ever pulled over when i was old of police driving wise to tell them that ,
    Ash with all due respect do you think driving is for you? You mention you have poor concentration, you have problems reading instructions, and co-ordination problems.
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • Whether it is true or not I am unsure but I read on a forum that some of the ATOS medical staff are actually doctors that have been struck off.

That would be even more scandal to use at a Tribunal

For those DLA haters - would you like it if your GP was a doctor that had been "struck off"??
    When you know the truth come back and ask the same question.
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • edited 28 July 2010 at 11:01PM
    karatedragonkaratedragon Forumite
    1.1K posts
    edited 28 July 2010 at 11:01PM
    DX2 wrote: »
    When you know the truth come back and ask the same question.

One thing I do know is true is a case where a DWP worker was declared as "unable to work for the foreseeable future" by an ATOS doctor and was subsequently dismissed on medical grounds.

The person then applied for ESA only weeks after and was declined it due to the ATOS medical finding her "fit for work".

This to me points at gross medical incompetence and makes the entire system a laughable circus act.

How can ATOS on one hand state "unable to work for the foreseeable future" and then weeks later state "fit for work".

So with that in mind I can well find the possibility of using "struck off" medics being wholly plausible.
  • ash4becksash4becks Forumite
    589 posts
    DX2 wrote: »
    Ash with all due respect do you think driving is for you? You mention you have poor concentration, you have problems reading instructions, and co-ordination problems.

i do no what your saying but how many people dont no if they have them issues themselfs now,

i do have my weakness who doesnt mine is short term memory, long term i can tell a friend a convo of 5 years ago which they think is werid but thats just me,

i have my ways of coping i do have photographic memory so rembering road signs will be fine i have rembered every ebay price and game name without the need to look it up either when i was younger i still rember that now that was over 2000 games

i just learn in different ways and try to find the way i learn and rember it but really if i dont pass my driving test i will keep trying iam stubborn like that i no it will take longer but theres always the option of a automatic which i would probs go for

i no me i wouldnt drive if i didnt feel right , i lost a cousion this year at 19 in road crash he died on inpact its just not worth it rather take a taxi
  • zzzLazyDaisyzzzLazyDaisy Forumite
    12.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krisskross wrote: »
    To me a traumatic experience would be one that completely overwhelms someone and is far beyond that person's ability to cope with it.Think we would be hard pressed to describe completing a DLA form like that.

Then you have little or no experience of helping mothers to complete these forms for their disabled children. I have sat and watched a mother sob her way through the form day after day, doing a bit at a time, explaining how her child is affected - she certainly could not have done it without help. I would say that she was overwhelmed by the form and unable to cope with it. Is that traumatic enough for you?
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • Then you have little or no experience of helping mothers to complete these forms for their disabled children. I have sat and watched a mother sob her way through the form day after day, doing a bit at a time, explaining how her child is affected - she certainly could not have done it without help. I would say that she was overwhelmed by the form and unable to cope with it. Is that traumatic enough for you?

I agree it is very hard to confront the issues that a loved one has. I still don't think that completing a form can be described as 'traumatic'. To me a traumatic experience is one that will affect a person for some considerable time after the event.

I would agree that completing the form could be distressing though.
  • Indie_KidIndie_Kid Forumite
    23.1K posts
    krisskross wrote: »
    I think DLA is excellent. I just think that it is only right that people should be asked to prove their need for it and actually then get the service that they say they need.

And for those who need equipment? Some of us have had to jump through enough hoops already to get it.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support