Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

Tesco Mega Reductions Thread 2 - Page 126

New Post Advanced Search

Tesco Mega Reductions Thread 2

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
1.3K replies 320.9K views
1120121122123124126»

Replies

• spike7451spike7451 Forumite
    6.9K posts
    :rotfl:Get them one at a time then.

I did!!:D yeehaaaa!!
  • geordie_joegeordie_joe Forumite
    9.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Toothsmith wrote: »
    But 'Too much' is usually when they eat the stuff regularly. Not what they're liable to be exposed to in the normal course of brushing their teeth.

As for thyroid problems, again, the amount you're likely to be exposed to in the normal course of brushing your teeth - or even if you're in an area with fluoridated water - is too low to be of any concern.

The British Thyroid Association produced a release to reassure sufferers a few years ago.

http://www.british-thyroid-association.org/Guidelines/Docs/B_F_S.pdf

I think you are grossly misleading people here.

If the British Thyroid Association released this then why is it headed

BRITISH FLUORIDATION SOCIETY STATEMENT

Also, we are talking about flouride in toothpaste, but the release only deals with flouride added to water.

According to the release, flouride added to water is only 1ppm, but flouride added to toothpaste is around 1450ppm. Bit of a difference there!
    DPJames wrote: »
    You are never wrong about anything.
  • josiejosie Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you are grossly misleading people here.

If the British Thyroid Association released this then why is it headed

BRITISH FLUORIDATION SOCIETY STATEMENT

Also, we are talking about flouride in toothpaste, but the release only deals with flouride added to water.

According to the release, flouride added to water is only 1ppm, but flouride added to toothpaste is around 1450ppm. Bit of a difference there!

I read this with interest, having an overactive thyroid, myself. You're right, it does relate to flouride in water, which as you say isn't what we're discussing, however, it is on the British Thyroid Association website, so am assuming they endorse it.
  • geordie_joegeordie_joe Forumite
    9.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    josie wrote: »
    I read this with interest, having an overactive thyroid, myself. You're right, it does relate to flouride in water, which as you say isn't what we're discussing, however, it is on the British Thyroid Association website, so am assuming they endorse it.

They do endorse it, but......

If I am right, it also didn't deal with making people with thyroid problems worse, it just dealt with increasing the number of cases of thyroid problems. The conclusion was putting flouride in the water wouldn't cause anyone to get thyroid problems. Hardly relevant to this thread.
    DPJames wrote: »
    You are never wrong about anything.
  • zackary71zackary71 Forumite
    175 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Just bought the Magners Cider 3 crates of 12 for £20 offer. Worked out as best deal out there on 440ml cans costing 79p a Pint !!
    Can't see this any cheaper.
    2018 Challenge £8120/£2018 :j
  • edited 13 June 2010 at 10:35PM
    0100101101001011 Forumite
    103 posts
    edited 13 June 2010 at 10:35PM
    Just FYI. 390 g Cartons of chopped tomato @ 59 p for THREE boxes. :)
  • KSoniKSoni Forumite
    62 posts
    i like tomato soup. Thanks.
  • I bought these for the first time recently and found them fine. I initially had to check the weight against the tins as the packets look so much smaller than the tins but there is very little difference. I picked up a load on this offer last week and got a bit caught out with Use by dates. The ones with olive oil are dated sometime next year and i didn't check the basil or the chillii ones until I was putting them away at home. They are only dated Sept 2010 so watch out if you are buying lots and intend to store them.
  • scottishminniescottishminnie Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    After rocketing from 15p to 40p the 4 pack of Tesco value yoghurts are now 29p. Not sure how long they will be that price though :)
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • JenWrenJenWren Forumite
    54 posts
    Yeah I noticed the price drop to 15p then suddenly a couple of weeks later they were up to 40p, thought it was just my local Tesco. That's another reason why I don't do my big shop there any more, their prices go up and down far too often like they're trying to catch you out!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support