My quest to be mortgage free by the end of 2012

edited 29 January 2010 at 7:12PM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
450 replies 26.5K views

Replies

• greent wrote: »
    OOh - just found this diary. Good luck with the continued OPs!

Thanks, I cant think of things to write every day and would hate to bore everyone silly :rotfl:
    Mortgage Free as of 31/5/11 :j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • pammyj74pammyj74 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Thanks, I cant think of things to write every day and would hate to bore everyone silly :rotfl:

I just use mine to note down things I have done, or how I am getting on with challenges like NSDs or VSP and also how I am getting on with surveys.
    Also to set myself little challenges as I feel when they are there in black and white I am more inclined to do them!
    And its just a record of how well you are doing and how close you are to finishing (much than others on here says the green eyed monster!!)

Its your diary to write whatever you want. Mine goes on and on about nothing in particular most days but its mostly for me to look back on and see how far I have come.
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • pammyj74 wrote: »
    I just use mine to note down things I have done, or how I am getting on with challenges like NSDs or VSP and also how I am getting on with surveys.
    Also to set myself little challenges as I feel when they are there in black and white I am more inclined to do them!
    And its just a record of how well you are doing and how close you are to finishing (much than others on here says the green eyed monster!!)

Its your diary to write whatever you want. Mine goes on and on about nothing in particular most days but its mostly for me to look back on and see how far I have come.

Thanks, I didn't look at it from that perspective. Will keep at it. I started my VSP yesterday having got the idea from reading your thread. Thanks again. :D
  • pammyj74pammyj74 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    It soon mounts up. :)
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • Another month has flown by. Have just sent my £150 overpayment for June to B/S. Typical Bank Holiday weather, wet again. Off to work soon. Have a good weekend everyone.
  • Well, another month has passed and July's overpayment is winging its way across to the building society. Have been a naughty girl this month and treated myself to 2 new pairs of ugg boots from ebay. Ideal time to buy as we in the middle of a heatwave. What mad person would be buying sheepskin boots when its 85 degrees outside :D. The morgage is now down to about £8400. This last bit doesnt seem to be going down at all. Must keep at it tho, havent got this far to give up now but its a hard slog. Have just worked 5 days on the trot. One more to go and I can have a day off and I am in need of it.... Hope you are all well, I need the motivation to carry on at the moment :T
  • Good News, as we are halfway through the year I decided to contact the B/S to get an accurate redemption figure and we owe £200 less than I estimated. Signature now contains accurate figures - £8200 left to pay. 2012 here we come :D
  • OMG!! today has been another lightbulb moment. Whilst on the phone to the B/S, the advisor said she thought our buildings and contents insurance was a little high. They couldnt get it any cheaper but I decided to get a couple of online quotes. Well, instead of paying £58 a month we can get the similar cover for between £25 and £30 a month. That will be another £30 going to the mortgage pot. Why didnt I do this earlier she says :eek:
  • Day off Wednesday

Sort out buildings and contents insurance and amend Mortgage payment to include difference in above premium :D
  • Yippee

Have saved £300 per year on building and contents insurance. Have amended mortgage overpayment to increase it by £25 a month as we wont miss the money as we never had it in the first place and £30 cashback tracked through Quidco. Not a bad mornings work. Cuppa time I think :D
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides