New Post Advanced Search

June 2010 Grocery Challenge

edited 29 May 2010 at 2:23AM in Old Style MoneySaving
908 replies 77.2K views

Replies

• recovering_spendaholicrecovering_spendaholic Forumite
    3.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually did a meal plan today:j shouldn't have to get much this week other than milk etc. freakygore - what is the toilet roll offer in Co-op?

Spent £1.15 on dog food - went to the local shop as I got to supermarket too late (bad traffic).

Made a batch of peanut butter muffins for lunchboxes this week. Haven't got any bread for sandwiches - does anyone know if Pitta breads are alright in lunchboxes?
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • wssla00wssla00 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Pittas are lovely! Salad and ham is delicious or turkey breast and salad!
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • poppy-glospoppy-glos Forumite
    478 posts
    nsd today.
    did some baking, cupcakes for lunchboxes and huge spinach and ricotta tart for lunch and for lunchboxes too.
    carrot, peppers and cucumber cut into sticks for nibbles plus for the lunchboxes too.. how organised am i :-?

poppy x
    nov grocery challenge, £.227.69/300, 9/25 nsd: , 7 Cmo, 10 egm.
    Me, 10 yo dd, and the dog. all food and drinks, in and out, plus household shopping.
  • Billie-joBillie-jo Forumite
    1.2K posts
    The chicken was lovely much more tasty than usual so shall be buying these instead in future.

Never got around to baking today as we had visitors so that will have to be done in the week at some point. I did make a loaf today though, did the dough in the bm but baked it in the oven and imo it tastes better. :)
    Brought bacon yesterday as expected and took mum for some plants today so while was out thought I would buy milk and dog food so as don’t have to shop tomorrow. Total of the two days is £9.78 I forgot to buy butter but will manage with some spread we have. Don’t like it as much but it will do for a day or so.

:question: Quick question - if I make pizza dough in bm and want it like flat garlic bread when do I add the garlic? Do I put some in the bm or when it is done roll it flat and spread some garlic butter on?
    MARCH £62.38/250
    478 posts
    :question: Quick question - if I make pizza dough in bm and want it like flat garlic bread when do I add the garlic? Do I put some in the bm or when it is done roll it flat and spread some garlic butter on?[/QUOTE]

hi, if you'd like it pizza express style i think they have the garlic butter warmed through, and brush it on once the bread is cooked, or alternatively the garlic butter pizza type thing, rolled out and not scored, could be buttered before cooking.
    i went to a food demo (pampered chef) the other day and they did tear and share doughballs, butter and garlic and green herb warmed in pan, in with walnut sized peices of dough, fried a bit and turned over so all sides coated in butter and also a little cooked, then into the oven (frypan had handle that was ok in oven _ Or transfer to oven proof something) for 10 minutes - that was nice too ;-)

poppy x
    Me, 10 yo dd, and the dog. all food and drinks, in and out, plus household shopping.
    478 posts
    can someone please give me the link or name for me to look at the four week menu/shopping experiment that someone was doing on here, for a specific low budget, for a family of four. there was a link a couple of months ago on the grocery challenge but i haven't been able to find it, it included seed spread that i thought i will try making soon
    thanks in advance
  • JayJay14JayJay14 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Here you are

http://www.cheap-family-recipes.org.uk/

This is the new website weezl has set up but the thread is

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2384579
  • guccigooguccigoo Forumite
    483 posts
    spent £8.57 in i**lands today on mainly sunday dinner and desert, forgot to get bananas so i will have to get them tomorrow for my lil ones packed lunch so im hoping tues and wed are nsd's as i need to build them up:(
    I will lose 2 stone by this summer!!!!!!
  • tracey12_2tracey12_2 Forumite
    425 posts
    Popped into Mr T to get bread and spent £4.85 on bread, hobnobs, face wipes and custard. Not too bad for me. I have a Mr T. delivery coming tomorrow with the weekly shop as had a £5 off £50 delivery code. Have updated sig.
    Officially debt free :j
  • scotsaverscotsaver Forumite
    824 posts
    Hi everyone - good start to the Month, have updated my total with spends but will have to pop to L*dl today for some more Fruit & veg so will update total again later.

Dinner tonight will be Sweet & sour Duck made with leftover Duck from last night's Roast - the Duck was a whoopsie from the Co-*p.

Over the weekend we were finally able to enjoy some Salad leaves, chives, rocket, radishes etc from the Garden. Also used some Rhubarb from the Garden to make a pud - all helps with saving money.:D

Have a good day everyone.;)
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.