How can I change my user-name

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
14 replies 1.1K views
glickyglicky Forumite
318 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
on this board? When I registered here ages ago I chose this username, but it's absolutely awful and I'd like to change it.

Can it be done and if so, how?

Replies

• ariba10ariba10 Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    The last time this was asked the reply was that it would be far easier to start afresh with a new name.
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • victoryvictory Forumite
    16.2K Posts
    is the answer not in the FAQ?
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • dazeddazed Forumite
    881 Posts
    ariba10 wrote:
    The last time this was asked the reply was that it would be far easier to start afresh with a new name.

using vbulletin as this board does it takes as much time as to type the new name and press the button in the mod panel :/
    Man who stands on toilet is high on pot. - Old chinese proverb.
  • sarahlouise210sarahlouise210 Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seeing as you have such a low post count why not start again ??? Clear your cookies and set up a new account.
    I have had brain surgery - sorry if I am a little confused sometimes ;)
  • glickyglicky Forumite
    318 Posts
    victory wrote:
    is the answer not in the FAQ?

Nope!

I'll most probably start afresh. thanks for all your replies :beer:
  • glickyglicky Forumite
    318 Posts
    dazed wrote:
    using vbulletin as this board does it takes as much time as to type the new name and press the button in the mod panel :/

Sorry .... don't understand what you mean? :confused:
  • CrabmanCrabman Forumite, Board Guide
    9.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I'm a Volunteer Board Guide Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other forums have an option on the user cp to request a change of username then a mod just authorises it, but I guess that's newer software :o
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• dazeddazed Forumite
    881 Posts
    Crabman wrote:
    Other forums have an option on the user cp to request a change of username then a mod just authorises it, but I guess that's newer software :o

no ANY forums mod or admin can change there username asap. Just PM a MOD or ADMIN and they can do it asap.

It takes 1 minute max.
    Man who stands on toilet is high on pot. - Old chinese proverb.
  • cwoodhamcwoodham Forumite
    432 Posts
    dazed wrote:
    no ANY forums mod or admin can change there username asap. Just PM a MOD or ADMIN and they can do it asap.

It takes 1 minute max.

Yes but would your posts start back at zero again or would they carry on at the number you had with your old username?
  • Hello Dazed,

We have the policy that the Forum Team can change user names on the grounds of safety ie using an email address or full name but they generally won't do it just because you don't like it anymore, whilst it may not take much time individually, our board is a lot busier than most and the number of requests to change names is generally quite high. I believe that most people would rather the Forum Team dealt with the more pressing issues which keeps this site running smoothly on a day to day basis than having to change hundreds of usernames because people dislike it no more.

As mentioned there are special circumstances where the team will change usernames but generally they will not practise this policy. However, as mentioned earlier it may just be easier to reregister under the desired username and simply not log onto the other account.

Edit: I am not a member of the Forum Team and will not be able to personally action any changes. Please email [email protected] if you would like to see whether you are eligable for your name to be changed.

Thanks
    MSE Neil
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

PCR tests to end for fully vaccinated

Travellers returning to England in Oct

MSE News

Free Homebuilding & Renovating Show tix

London, Harrogate & Shepton Mallet

MSE Deals