IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

1/2 Price Breakdown cover with Norwich Union direct

in Motoring
32 replies 3.2K views
Norwich union direct offering half prince on all their breakdown insurance cover.

Ive paid £44 for the full package of cover (recovery, home start, onward travel etc) for myself and partner in any car.

Ring 08000964704 and quote CQM1

I waited till end when they said price then quoted the code so this way you know how much youre saving.
Am i here to save money or spend money......hmmmmm

Replies

• FLFL Forumite
    748 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    What a fantastic tip! Have rang up and the cover was only £35 (reduced from £70).
  • ShawzShawz Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    is there a date that this offer is on until?????
    Looking to raise some money ;)
  • Jazzy_BJazzy_B Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Checkout this post
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=4641
    It still works and yesterday I got full cover, including homestart, and forward travel for two cars for me and my husband for £31, from Norwich Union.
    I found the post on the Insurance page, but it's disappeared from there.
    Sorry, just realised you posted the reference. Duhhhh
  • Liz19Liz19 Forumite
    673 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Just tried this and the guy knew nothing about it! Am I too late?
  • Hi

Ive phone about offer and they said its only for people taking out insurance with them?
    ;) BE KIND TO YOURSELF & OTHERS ;)
  • Jazzy_BJazzy_B Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Nickyork wrote:
    Hi

Ive phone about offer and they said its only for people taking out insurance with them?
    I didn't take out anything other than breakdown cover. Guy I spoke to said he thought it was a friends and family discount code. I said a friend gave the reference to me.
  • Liz19Liz19 Forumite
    673 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I phoned this number 0114 282 5447 and asked if the half price offer was on and the guy couldn't have been more helpful. I phoned the 0800 number previously and they didn't have a clue but thanks to Jazzy B I gave it another go and bingo!
  • sevlowsevlow Forumite
    227 Posts
    I telephoned the number in the first post on Saturday. The lady I spoke with wanted to take me through a whole series of questions, eventually I said that I had a code and just wanted to know if it was valid and what the savings would be. She insited we had to do the full Q&A but said that the promotion code would not that that much difference. Decided to proceed anyway and was quoted £100 for for my wife and I. Reminded her about the code and she seemed surprised when it reduced the quote to £50.00. She asked if I would mind being put on hold while she checked with her supervisor. Came back after a few minutes and said all was well.
    No Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • nambolanambola Forumite
    26 Posts
    Great tip. Icalled this morning and was quoted £81 to cover me and my wife and any car. The discount code reduced this to £40 - unbeatable by any of the other suppliers I tried. Thanks! :)
  • toozie_2toozie_2 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brilllllllllllllllll

Me and my hubby

Any vehicle

Full recovery

Any body else driving either of our vehicles, with our permission is also covered.

First he quoted £79, I then gave him the code CQM1, he nearly fell off his chair, said he'd never seen such a discount and gave me the quote of .....
    £39.38.

Thank you
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News