Weezl's phase 1- recipe testing and frugalisation- come one, come all!

edited 4 April 2010 at 8:33AM in How much have you saved?
4.7K replies 305.9K views

Replies

• malibu ....makes me feel all queasy thinking about it...me, captains cabin free bar and an 18th birthday part. Nough said. Havent touched it since!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• weezl74weezl74 Forumite
    8.7K Posts
    poohbear59 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I will maybe have a go at a sour dough soon. But I will stick to yeast today for speed. I may go back to soda bread for me but not this month.

Regarding alcohol, I gave it up for Lent. Only a day to go now:D

hornetgirl very kindly sent me some Sainsburys value Fair Trade tea and DS1 who claims to be very picky about his tea didn't notice the difference so it is a winner!! Thank you

PB are you making the no-kneed or the paul merrett loaf?:) Also, not nagging at all but did you have a stab at the mayo?:A

Allegra, basically it'll be either a paul merrett but expanded to make 4 loaves instead of 3 at each batch (I'll post the maths!) or the no kneed bread and then people can choose. Seems some love one and get bricks with t'other and vice vera IYSWIM? you found the no kneed brickish didn't you?

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
    8.7K Posts
    malibu ....makes me feel all queasy thinking about it...me, captains cabin free bar and an 18th birthday part. Nough said. Havent touched it since!

And 2 years later a certain 15 yr old may have repeated your crime ;)

ISOM and I may or may not have been brought up in the same town... *nonchalant whistle*

cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
  • artybearartybear Forumite
    978 Posts
    Weezl-you are shattering my illusions left right and centre. :eek:

I'd imagined you as tee-total for some reason.:o-I think iv imagined you as quite a stict person havent I? sorry:D

Re: Malibu and coke-a certain 16 year old drank the local indian dry of it and they had to pop to tescos to buy another bottle:eek::eek: I still maintain the bottle must have been almost empty whan I started :D:rotfl::rotfl:

Although it is Good Friday and Iv abided by the rules of not eating meat I may be a little bit naughty and have some wine later.
    xxxx
    In art as in love, instinct is enough
    Anatole France

Things are beautiful if you love them
    Jean Anouilh
    8.7K Posts
    FrankieM wrote: »
    I'm nervous enough of 'normal bread making' and I have reduced bread in the freezer as a back up.

Frankie would you like to have a hand holding day prior to monday on the bread? Like you could do a half batch of no-kneed and a half batch of paul merrett and see which you prefer? :)

8.7K Posts
    awwwww arty- I've disappointed you haven't I? You think I'm all nun-like and I'm all malibu and nail varnish ;)

8.7K Posts
    Allegra-can't quote your post!

Sorry for the current mystery surrounding the recipes :o:)

It's mainly that to avoid any waste I'm tweaking some of the qualtities by tiny amounts here and there +/- 10g of onion for example, but if I post recipes now you might all start and then there'll be a shortage at month end!

I'm not being cryptic for any other reason-honest!

• artybearartybear Forumite
    978 Posts
    'All malibu and nail varnish' sounds like a good mantra to live life by:D

Yeah-next thing you'll be telling me you go clubbing every night of the week and sing in a rock band!!:rotfl::rotfl:

Actually you seem more 'normal' than the scary supernanny weezl i was imagining.:eek: I cant wait for everyone to meet up!!!:T:j:j
    In art as in love, instinct is enough
    Anatole France

Things are beautiful if you love them
    Jean Anouilh
    8.7K Posts
    lesley, is the milk in the green pea soup by accident or design?:);)

have we got any willing soup testers? I'm thinking maybe sian in advance of the whole month testers giving it a whirl?

or any of the lovely month testers who don't mind eating the same soup more than once :rotfl:

PS-SUPERNANNY! ewwwwwwwwww yuckie :) No I'm lots squidgier than her, she's a bit frosty :)

• FrankieMFrankieM Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    weezl I don't have time before Monday. I'm just going to have to be brave :)
    but thanks for the offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland now offers interest-free loans

But be careful - they'll impact your credit score

MSE News

Vanilla, veg & vexatious neighbours

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE Forum

Up to 10% off Macs and iPads

For students, teachers & parents of students

MSE Deals