998 replies 74.3K views

Replies

• edited 31 March 2010 at 10:32AM
    ragz_2ragz_2 Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 March 2010 at 10:32AM
    With at least another £20 spent on nappies, milk, eggs and a bottle of wine I am declaring a miserable total of £450, £80 over budget, but I did underestimate as it's a 5 week month for me. I budget £100 a week so not too bad but am determined to do better, however may be moving in April so that will desrupt matters...

I actually budget £400 a month, regardless of the length of the month, when I am working out general budgeting, so if I can get next month under £350 it would even things up a bit.
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • franby64franby64 Forumite
    937 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all

I'm also pretty dismayed at my efforts this month and am declaring at£482.68 which is £62.68 over budget:eek: This is without mentioning that I also spent @£53 of T*sco vouchers so it's nearer £115 over!
    So March was just carp :( but tomorrow is a new month :) and I WILL do better - off to the new thread now!
    May Shopping Challenge. 10/5. Budget £310 Spent £118.25.. £191.75 left. So £9.13 a day.
  • loopychrissloopychriss Forumite
    796 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to declare £201.84 for March please. I adjusted March's budget to £250 due to lots of social occasions and birthdays but have managed to keep it to just over £200.
    Keep Calm and Carry On Kondoing

• Maisie_MMaisie_M Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Today is the last day of the month for me and have just spent £7.07 in Tesco and will not be getting anything else today. So I am declaring March as £128.52 which is a £71.48 underspend.:T

Onto April and hoping I can do as well then.
  • ZendZend Forumite
    166 Posts
    Aimed for £200, spent £166, saved £34:j. Total grocery savings since January £134.
    January spend = £100
    Spent =
    saving =
  • remmieremmie Forumite
    101 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Declaring £127.43 for March, over budget again:( Although I really think I went over more than £2.43, as I didn't add up my receipts for a while, so think some must be missing. I think I must be more organised in future.

Thanks to everyone, onward and upward
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    14.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gone way off the rails this month. Reporting in at £347.53 which is a very scary £67.53 over budget. We were actually on holiday for a week of March too but had to stock up DD with tons of food to keep her going while we were away and then restock when we got back as I think she'd been feeding all her mates!! Please put me down for £280 again for April and I will try much harder.

Thanks
    Christmas Savings 2021 £608.95/£600
    Emergency Fund £5650/£10,000
    November NSD: 10/12
  • MonikerMoniker Forumite
    626 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    Moniker checking in and declaring at £268-63 for March - a whole £1-37 under! Very pleased with myself as it is a 5 week month and I had the same budget as the previous 4 week challenge. Not really sure how I managed it - except no alcohol in Lent - though we only have 1 bottle of wine a week on average and I didn't think it would make that much difference! We shall see next month! See you all over in the April challenge.

Moniker
  • mrs-moneypennymrs-moneypenny Forumite
    15.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i went over by £30 in march. must try harder next month
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • S_Wales_SaverS_Wales_Saver Forumite
    241 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    S_Wales_Saver declaring for March at £233.08 so £16.92 under budget :j:j:j. This did include eating lots from the freezer so I don't know how I'm going to keep it up!!! Does anyone else think it's much harder now than this time last year? Still I think April will be OK (famous last words LOL) Still freezer stuff to eat, but need to start replacing it at some stage :o. See you all on the April thread.
    Dor
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides