998 replies 74.3K views

Replies

• edited 31 March 2010 at 10:32AM
    ragz_2ragz_2 Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 March 2010 at 10:32AM
    With at least another £20 spent on nappies, milk, eggs and a bottle of wine I am declaring a miserable total of £450, £80 over budget, but I did underestimate as it's a 5 week month for me. I budget £100 a week so not too bad but am determined to do better, however may be moving in April so that will desrupt matters...

I actually budget £400 a month, regardless of the length of the month, when I am working out general budgeting, so if I can get next month under £350 it would even things up a bit.
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • franby64franby64 Forumite
    937 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all

I'm also pretty dismayed at my efforts this month and am declaring at£482.68 which is £62.68 over budget:eek: This is without mentioning that I also spent @£53 of T*sco vouchers so it's nearer £115 over!
    So March was just carp :( but tomorrow is a new month :) and I WILL do better - off to the new thread now!
    May Shopping Challenge. 10/5. Budget £310 Spent £118.25.. £191.75 left. So £9.13 a day.
  • loopychrissloopychriss Forumite
    796 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to declare £201.84 for March please. I adjusted March's budget to £250 due to lots of social occasions and birthdays but have managed to keep it to just over £200.
    Keep Calm and Carry On Kondoing

• Maisie_MMaisie_M Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Today is the last day of the month for me and have just spent £7.07 in Tesco and will not be getting anything else today. So I am declaring March as £128.52 which is a £71.48 underspend.:T

Onto April and hoping I can do as well then.
  • ZendZend Forumite
    166 Posts
    Aimed for £200, spent £166, saved £34:j. Total grocery savings since January £134.
    January spend = £100
    Spent =
    saving =
  • remmieremmie Forumite
    101 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Declaring £127.43 for March, over budget again:( Although I really think I went over more than £2.43, as I didn't add up my receipts for a while, so think some must be missing. I think I must be more organised in future.

Thanks to everyone, onward and upward
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gone way off the rails this month. Reporting in at £347.53 which is a very scary £67.53 over budget. We were actually on holiday for a week of March too but had to stock up DD with tons of food to keep her going while we were away and then restock when we got back as I think she'd been feeding all her mates!! Please put me down for £280 again for April and I will try much harder.

Thanks
    Christmas Savings 2022 £/£600
    Emergency Fund £5650/£10,000
    December NSD: 2/10
  • MonikerMoniker Forumite
    626 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    Moniker checking in and declaring at £268-63 for March - a whole £1-37 under! Very pleased with myself as it is a 5 week month and I had the same budget as the previous 4 week challenge. Not really sure how I managed it - except no alcohol in Lent - though we only have 1 bottle of wine a week on average and I didn't think it would make that much difference! We shall see next month! See you all over in the April challenge.

Moniker
  • mrs-moneypennymrs-moneypenny Forumite
    15.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i went over by £30 in march. must try harder next month
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • S_Wales_SaverS_Wales_Saver Forumite
    241 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    S_Wales_Saver declaring for March at £233.08 so £16.92 under budget :j:j:j. This did include eating lots from the freezer so I don't know how I'm going to keep it up!!! Does anyone else think it's much harder now than this time last year? Still I think April will be OK (famous last words LOL) Still freezer stuff to eat, but need to start replacing it at some stage :o. See you all on the April thread.
    Dor
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

54 ways to ‘DIY it’

According to the MSE Forum

MSE Team Blog

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News

Lidl '£10 off £40 spend' voucher

Via Metro or Daily Mail. Excludes NI

MSE Deals