50th Birthday, present & party ideas (merged)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Special Occasions & Other Celebrations
97 replies 27.7K views

Replies

• I know this sounds silly,but playdough are doing a "50th Birthday" special edition pack at the moment(I've seen it a few places) With 50 little tubs in a box shaped like a b'day cake.I bought one to use in party bags £5. So 10P each. I thought they'd make a good silly present for a 50 year old,but couldn't think of any one I know.Everyone loves fiddling with playdough, or come in handy when young guests visit.
  • jopseyjopsey Forumite
    840 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Peakma wrote:
    I know this sounds silly,but playdough are doing a "50th Birthday" special edition pack at the moment(I've seen it a few places) With 50 little tubs in a box shaped like a b'day cake.I bought one to use in party bags £5. So 10P each. I thought they'd make a good silly present for a 50 year old,but couldn't think of any one I know.Everyone loves fiddling with playdough, or come in handy when young guests visit.

THATS A GREAT IDEA ,MONEY ISN'T EVERYTHING THOUGHT IS
  • nearlyrichnearlyrich Forumite
    13.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Hung up my suit! Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice bottle of wine, voucher for a decent restaurant or shop, earrings, I am thinking what would make me smile ( 50 is getting near)
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • oops_a_daisyoops_a_daisy Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a really good friend of mines 50th this weekend and we are all going out for a meal then back to hers for a party. I am staying over too as she lives over 100 miles away from me. I hadnt even thought about her prezzie till today and am nearly finished knitting a really nice scarf - would this be suitable as a gift for her birthday or am I being too cheap ? I will be giving a home made card too.
    Thanks for your replies/suggestions in advance
    :cool: Official DFW Nerd Club Member #37 Debt free Feb 07 :cool:
  • Don't forget the cost of your time.
    'You can't change the past, you can only change the future' Gary Boulet.

'Show me the person who never makes a mistake and I'll show you the person who never makes anything'. Anon
  • nuttywomannuttywoman Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think she`ll love it cos its personal and uniquie(sp) no one else will have one like it.
    val
  • ShamlayShamlay Forumite
    19 Posts
    I think it would be a wonderful personal gift.... I'm sure she will be delighted.

Unlike my sister-in-law who rang last week to inform me that our share of a joint present (5 contributors) for my brother-in-law's 40th anniversary present is nearly £60!!! We've had words, and she agreed that not everyone is as affluent as she is!!..... and no, I'm not paying that much - I simply can't afford it.

I think sometimes that people forget the true esscence of giving a present - it's not about how much it cost, it's about the thought, time and love that's put into it.
  • MurtleMurtle Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    oops a daisy I think that's a lovely present. To tell you the truth I'd rather have one lovely home knitted scarf made with lots of love and thought then stuff bought in the shops!! I was looking at scarfs in accessorise and they costs £20. They were all ick.....my hopes were set too high by thinking of a nice home knitted one..... I'm still looking.....

Shamlady - that is one expensive pressie for someone :eek:
  • Hey there,

My lovely Mummy is going to be 50 in December... She is an absolutely superstar for me so I really want to do something lovely for her.

She is worried that she'll 'lose her looks' the day after her birthday (don't ask!) and she has expressed an interest in having a photo shoot done of her looking beautiful. I'm thinking lots of pampering, proper make up being put on, lovely dresses and some lovely photographs to take home so that she feels every bit as special as she deserves to feel.

Has anyone ever been along to one of these sessions?

How much do they cost? Would you recommend them? Are there any companies in the south - Hampshire/Berkshire/Surrey area that you would recommend?

Money isn't really an option, this is a one off special treat for my best friend in the world, and I would really appreciate any suggestions...

I would *really* appreciate any suggestions and help that you could give...

Thank you in advance...~ditzy x:p
    :pLove hugs and glitterbugs :p
  • aurora_borealis_2aurora_borealis_2 Forumite
    13.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try lastminute.com :)

I'm going to buy a package for DD3 - I noticed earlier that they were 2 for 1 at £39.
    de do-do-do, de dar-dar-dar ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides