BT phone line down !!

in Phones & TV
26 replies 1.7K views

Replies

• Sorry Dogobert my comment was not aimed at you as you pointed out the facts and have obviously had lots of hassle yourself.

I just think that we should expect a better service from BT when the brown stuff hits the fan - perhaps I expect far too much ?
    PLEASE DO NOT STEAL
    The Government will not tolerate competition

Always judge a man by the way he treats someone who is of no use to him
  • A better service?!

Some dimwit knocks their pole over, they organise engineers to be sent out, fix it on a Saturday and your Internet is down for four days?

That's pretty bloody good.
    Comping wins this month: 2 x business class flights anywhere we like | Horse vitamins (!) | New kettle | Motorcycling prints | Signed LPs | Thanks to all!
  • I agree, four days is an excellent turn around time. Considering they have other jobs scheduled, if you register something that needs fixing it'll go into the queue of jobs to be done, and like whats been said already when the cause of the problem wasnt the blame of BT i think you've done very well to get the thing sorted in 4 days!!!!!!!
  • gt94sss2gt94sss2 Forumite
    5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Rhino666 wrote:
    Pole replacement is a more major issue, even though it only took 2 hours but surely provision of a temporary telephone connection should be possible until the pole has been replaced.

BT do offer to divert your incoming calls to a mobile (or other landline) and if you choose the mobile option also pay £1/day for any outgoing calls you need to make.

I don't see what else you could expect them to reasonably do while waiting for a repair - especialy if its the telegraph pole thats been damaged.

Regards
    Sunil
  • Rhino666Rhino666 Forumite
    550 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    I'm going to have to drop out of this thread as is clear that most contributors seem to think it is acceptable to lose your phone/broadband for days or weeks when from my experience a pole can be replaced and 11 lines reconnnected in about 4 hours.

Perhaps you are the same people who accept a half day wait for police when there is a burgler in your house or a week to see your GP ?
    PLEASE DO NOT STEAL
    The Government will not tolerate competition

Always judge a man by the way he treats someone who is of no use to him
  • Rhino666 wrote:
    Hi Sunil

Pole replacement is a more major issue, even though it only took 2 hours but surely provision of a temporary telephone connection should be possible until the pole has been replaced.

temporary service would be provided by diverting your line ...you can't just rig something up using the damaged pole as safety issues are involved. bt like any other mainstream company won't compromise safety and break health and safety laws because someones lost their broadband
  • 'I'm going to have to drop out of this thread as is clear that most contributors seem to think it is acceptable to lose your phone/broadband for days or weeks when from my experience a pole can be replaced and 11 lines reconnnected in about 4 hours.'

Tsk, disagreement is healthy, you know.

Not very clever to compare burglary and illness to someone losing their broadband for a couple of days - they're incomparable. BT replaced the pole in good time with no cost to yourself, and you want compensation for that? Why do you assume that they could send people around immediately to fix a fault that wasn't their's in the first place?

Typical. Another symptom of our already overly-litigious society.
    Comping wins this month: 2 x business class flights anywhere we like | Horse vitamins (!) | New kettle | Motorcycling prints | Signed LPs | Thanks to all!
  • GUMPOGUMPO Forumite
    376 Posts
    gt94sss2 wrote:

You can also go to BT's website and monitor the status of the fault,

Mind telling me how to do this if my phone line has been knocked out?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    FREE THE WM3
  • 'Mind telling me how to do this if my phone line has been knocked out?'

Library, WAP, friend's house, museums...:)
  • GUMPOGUMPO Forumite
    376 Posts
    It all becomes clear!
    FREE THE WM3
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Gin, gee-gees & groceries

This week's MSE Forum highlights

Team Blog

2for1 adult tickets to theme parks

Via selected £1-£3 Kellogg's promo packs

MSE Deals