I wanna buy piano sheet music

Bean_CounterBean_Counter Forumite
1.5K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hi,

Can anyone recommend an on-line shop (or one to avoid) to buy sheet music for the piano, or is it OK to go with whoever google suggests?

Thanks.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Replies

• Try googling "free piano sheet music" before you start paying for it, there are a few sites out there that don't charge.
  • NileNile Forumite
    14.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"][email protected][/EMAIL].
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • musicroom.com are the ones I use and have always been reliable, recommended by my piano teacher so would def recommend these
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
  • edited 26 February 2010 at 10:17PM
    GingernutmegGingernutmeg Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 26 February 2010 at 10:17PM
    I'd second musicroom. OH uses them all the time and he's always really happy with their service. The music always arrives really quickly, and it's always well packaged too.

eta: just noticed this thread is from 2008 - I'd imagine the OP has found the music by now :) However, I'd still recommend musicroom :)
  • There is often sheet music on ebay and if you know the music that you want then you can do what I did and put a search on that will send you an e mail and some one lists your music. I am a real hero as I managed to get some music that my mom's friend had wanted for 5 years!
  • MasomniaMasomnia Forumite
    19.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    If it's classical try here:

http://imslp.org/wiki/

Freeeee and legal :)
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • Dont think I have read this one anywhere - I am a music teacher - I recommend and use sheetmusicdirect.co.uk you pay for the music online and it sends it through to you to be able to print immediately. You can also pick the key the piece is in for you so if it starts in a difficult key, you can tell it to transpose into an easier one! Simples!
  • GleefulGleeful Forumite
    2K Posts
    https://www.free-scores.com is brilliant for the copyright free classics.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland now offers interest-free loans

But be careful - they'll impact your credit score

MSE News

Vanilla, veg & vexatious neighbours

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE Forum

Up to 10% off Macs and iPads

For students, teachers & parents of students

MSE Deals