I have £1700 owing out of a £3900 credit limit. Can I BT this and if so how much?

Thanks

Replies

• Probably, but only if you post less vague details of what you're talking about...
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery
  • GamblerGambler Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have a £3900 credit limit on Egg Money. My outstanding balance is £2100. (I pay full amount every month).

I want to Balance transfer to Cap One Card.

Can I only transfer the £2100 or the full £3900 credit limit?

Thanks
  • MilarkyMilarky Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    If you pay the card in full every month then the amount you could balance transfer 'to' capital one 'from' Egg has nothing to do with the Egg Money credit limit - because a balance transfer 'to' card 'A' if just a payment 'from' card 'A' - and therefore you would be paying 'to' Egg whatever capital one would allow to. (Is this the situation?)

Otherwise - if you mean 'transfer a balance to Egg from capital one' the amount of balance you can shift 'onto' the Egg card is dictated by the available credit limit there - which goes down daily in line with your pruchases and back up once again each month as you repay the statement balance. Somehow I don't think that is you plan however.

Are you looking to take your Egg Money into a positive balance by means of the balance transfer 'to' capital and wonder when it the best time to do this?
    .....under construction....
  • BisoyBisoy Forumite
    873 Posts
    Egg Money card is a unique card wherein you can manage it by making a positive balance. So irregardless of your credit limit with your egg money you can ask Capital One that you want to BT whatever limit you are allowed on your Capital One card onto your egg money card. Hope this helps.
  • BisoyBisoy Forumite
    873 Posts
    Milarky you just beat me by 4 minutes. Anyway Milarky was more concised.
  • Can I ask, if you pay off the full balanace each month, you should not get interest (unless you use your card for cash purchases). Therefore why would you want to do a BT?
    "Never spend your money before you have it" -Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826) Best Advice you can get.
  • YorkshireBoyYorkshireBoy Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    ex-egghead wrote:
    Can I ask, if you pay off the full balanace each month, you should not get interest (unless you use your card for cash purchases). Therefore why would you want to do a BT?
    Gambler is Stoozing.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Mortgage rates

What can you (or should you) do?

MSE News

Train strikes

Your refund rights explained

MSE News