Tesco another annoying christmas saver scheme

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
14 replies 5.2K views
truthman007truthman007 Forumite
513 Posts
100 Posts
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
2 years ago i joined Christmas saver scheme, i don't know why i joined. 2008 Christmas they send some vouchers i used that one without any problem. Then i thought it's not worth waiting for a year to collect all the points, then called customer service to cancel my Christmas save, but i was told i need to write a letter, bloody hell who will do that. I asked them, no i dont want to do that, they said there is a only way i can do.

I applied for a new card not using the old one.

Is this fair way of treating customer, To me this is complete !!!!!!!!. I dont know about you guys.

Replies

• mountainofdebtmountainofdebt Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you are cutting your nose off to spite your face - would take 5 minutes to write a letter.
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • StorckStorck Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    And it has taken you over a year to come on here and complain about it.

You must have a lot of spare time on your hand.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • omen666omen666 Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Storck wrote: »
    And it has taken you over a year to come on here and complain about it.

You must have a lot of spare time on your hand.
    not enough to write a letter it seems
  • OP. I'm sure you said on another of your whinging threads you were not going to be using Tesco again...so what's your problem?
  • Does anyone else find this thread rather confusing?
    Wow, I got 3 *, when did that happen :j:T:p
    It is not illegal to open another persons mail unless you intend to commit fraud - this is frequently incorrectly posted:)
    I live in my head - I find it's safer there:p
  • truthman007truthman007 Forumite
    513 Posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    omen666 wrote: »
    not enough to write a letter it seems

True why i need to write a letter, did i write a letter before i join. When i try to cancel it should be the same. This is the way just keep the money at their bank for long time. Most of the people would not bother to write a letter.

One of the bad practise by TESCO against customer.
  • ses6jwgses6jwg Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    True why i need to write a letter, did i write a letter before i join. When i try to cancel it should be the same. This is the way just keep the money at their bank for long time. Most of the people would not bother to write a letter.

One of the bad practise by TESCO against customer.

Take your business elsewhere then.
    513 Posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    ses6jwg wrote: »
    Take your business elsewhere then.

True, Nowadays i'm doing my purchase elsewhere. TESCO not care of customers why do we care about TESCO.
  • In the same amount of time it took you to write this complaint, you could have written a letter 10 times over. The only problem here is you. Tesco isn't losing out on anything by losing you as a customer, you're the worst type.
    513 Posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    In the same amount of time it took you to write this complaint, you could have written a letter 10 times over. The only problem here is you. Tesco isn't losing out on anything by losing you as a customer, you're the worst type.

Ofcourse i could have done, what about others who are having same problem as me, here i'm not talking about for myself only. Just sharing my experience so others can take it from my experience what to do next time when they have a catching christmas saver from TESCO.

It's common problem how TESCO misuse their customer.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals