IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

MoneySavingExpert.com Cheap Train Tickets Article Discussion

edited 5 October 2010 at 12:03PM in Motoring
570 replies 104.4K views
1373840424357

Replies

  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    29.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broadstone wrote: »
    I'll keep you all updated.
    I wonder if anyone can remember what you are talking about?
  • dzug1dzug1 Forumite
    13.5K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KeithP wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone can remember what you are talking about?


    I can - it's the way he cheats on his rail fares, fraudulently claiming refunds when he's not entitled.
  • LivingthedreamLivingthedream Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    dzug1 wrote: »
    I can - it's the way he cheats on his rail fares, fraudulently claiming refunds when he's not entitled.

    One of many dzug1, hence why trains are so expensive. :mad:
    Whoa! This image violates our terms of use and has been removed from view
  • dzug1dzug1 Forumite
    13.5K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of many dzug1, hence why trains are so expensive. :mad:

    And gets cheap advance tickets and STILL whinges the fares are extortionate. Probably puts his feet up on the seat, tosses his litter around him and then complains about dirty trains as well.

    Still boasting on here about it could get him caught.
  • dzug1 wrote: »
    And gets cheap advance tickets and STILL whinges the fares are extortionate. Probably puts his feet up on the seat, tosses his litter around him and then complains about dirty trains as well.

    Still boasting on here about it could get him caught.

    Not worthy of a response and so ignored.
  • One of many dzug1, hence why trains are so expensive. :mad:

    Not worthy of a response and so ignored.
  • Got some more good news this morning. As a good will gesture, I have been offered a refund on my advanced ticket and also got an anouther voucher to use.

    In order to use the vouchers within their vaildity timeline, I have already booked a repeat trip next month from Exeter St Davids-to-London Waterloo and then from London Waterloo East-to-Dover Priory. As I did before Xmas, I will again see my family. I have also booked a return trip and it has effectively cost me less than £10 (after using my vouchers). I'm also travelling 1st class again for half of my journey.

    Lets hope that I'm lucky again for this trip as I was for the previous one.
  • Just to clarify, for both trips, my cost is less than £20-00. I forgot to include the £10 admin fee from my 1st trip, which I'm still debating. I must admit that I got a very generous voucher offer from one of the train operators; although I guess it pays to be very polite and courteous with them as I was.
  • LivingthedreamLivingthedream Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Broadstone wrote: »
    Got some more good news this morning. As a good will gesture, I have been offered a refund on my advanced ticket and also got an anouther voucher to use.

    In order to use the vouchers within their vaildity timeline, I have already booked a repeat trip next month from Exeter St Davids-to-London Waterloo and then from London Waterloo East-to-Dover Priory. As I did before Xmas, I will again see my family. I have also booked a return trip and it has effectively cost me less than £10 (after using my vouchers). I'm also travelling 1st class again for half of my journey.

    Lets hope that I'm lucky again for this trip as I was for the previous one.
    Broadstone wrote: »
    By the way, I forgot to mention that I'm now in profit from my1st trip. Still debating the admin fee but I'm not too bothered whether I win that debate or not.
    Broadstone wrote: »
    Just to clarify, for both trips, my cost is less than £20-00. I forgot to include the £10 admin fee from my 1st trip, which I'm still debating. I must admit that I got a very generous voucher offer from one of the train operators; although I guess it pays to be very polite and courteous with them as I was.

    Not worthy of a response and so ignored.
    Whoa! This image violates our terms of use and has been removed from view
  • Not worthy of a response and so ignored.

    'Fare' enough. I can't complain as the rail companies have been really 'fare' to me ! I hope that they are 'fare' to you as well.

    Have a really 'fare' new year !
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides