Help! with Demanding and Angry Buyer

124»

Replies

• Isn't it marvellous that we're all different? :D It takes all kinds to make a world and all that. Isn't postage paid and packing materials bought a tax deductible?
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    68.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    CatValou wrote: »
    Isn't it marvellous that we're all different? :D It takes all kinds to make a world and all that. Isn't postage paid and packing materials bought a tax deductible?

Oh yes, all expenses in connection with selling are allowed as a deduction when preparing accounts for HMRC.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • martindowmartindow Forumite
    9.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it marvellous that we're all different? :D It takes all kinds to make a world and all that. Isn't postage paid and packing materials bought a tax deductible?

It's not strictly tax deductible as unfortunately you can't deduct it from your tax bill. It is as Soolin says an expense in your accounts so it will reduce your taxable income. Extra postage expenses reduce your profit so you will pay less tax but I'd rather have as much profit as possible by minimising expenses.
  • merrymarymerrymary Forumite
    484 Posts
    Just an update...

Refunded the buyer in full. Looks like my game is lost so will claim in a weeks time for Missing Item with RM. :(

Will take everything you said onboard.
    Thank you all for the replies.

MMx
  • merrymarymerrymary Forumite
    484 Posts
    pgilc1 wrote: »
    I take it you didnt send it recorded delivery? I'd say it wont :rolleyes: turn up.

You're going to get a negative anyway so, i guess you could prolong it out as long as possible saying as he is being a !!!!. When he leaves a neg, just leave a follow up message saying 'item lost in post, refunded buyer'.

I'd then be inclined to leave him feedback saying 'Prompt payer, but aggressive attitude even though refunded due to item lost in post' or similar.

He left me a neutral feedback and I replied with 'Prompt payer. Aggressive Attitude. Item lost in the Post. Refunded and Blocked.'

I then got messages from him calling me liar, nasty, vicous and all sorts of names.

I will not reply to him. Have emailed ebay about the messages. will see if they do something about it.
  • merrymary wrote: »
    He left me a neutral feedback and I replied with 'Prompt payer. Aggressive Attitude. Item lost in the Post. Refunded and Blocked.'

I then got messages from him calling me liar, nasty, vicous and all sorts of names.

I will not reply to him. Have emailed ebay about the messages. will see if they do something about it.

Here's hoping they do MM. I know this is something of an oxymoron, but I have trouble understanding people who can't see things from someone else's point of view. I've got a bit of a blind spot there. The other thing I simply can't understand is why their first response so often seems to be nasty. :confused: I'm so sorry you had to deal with someone so horrible.

Fingers crossed that your postal claim progresses quickly, and at least this is over now and you can forget about this idiot.
  • martindow wrote: »
    It's not strictly tax deductible as unfortunately you can't deduct it from your tax bill. It is as Soolin says an expense in your accounts so it will reduce your taxable income. Extra postage expenses reduce your profit so you will pay less tax but I'd rather have as much profit as possible by minimising expenses.

Thank you for explaining. :A So it is then horses for courses depending on your business model as Turkish Delight said earlier. Can I ask another question? I'm such a girl about tax!

Is there a point where you might actually be better off on a purely fiscal plane by using Recorded? Either because you are near the next tax threshold or because by the time you've paid tax and NI on each extra 75p that you kept as profit or income rather than spending it on Recorded you're not that much better off? I hope that's not too dumb a question. :o
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    68.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for explaining. :A So it is then horses for courses depending on your business model as Turkish Delight said earlier. Can I ask another question? I'm such a girl about tax!

Is there a point where you might actually be better off on a purely fiscal plane by using Recorded? Either because you are near the next tax threshold or because by the time you've paid tax and NI on each extra 75p that you kept as profit or income rather than spending it on Recorded you're not that much better off? I hope that's not too dumb a question. :o

Sorry that was my dreadful way of explaining it martindow is completely correct. The way I do my accounts is that all my expenses are noted and then at end of tax year the expenses are deducted from all income and the net amount is taxable, so the postage is used to reduce taxable income.

I can see no point at which it makes sense to pay extra on postal services, unless your net income is about to go over 15k for the year and you want to continue doing short accounts on your tax return rather than full accounts. You only get tax relief on postage against your income.

Sorry that doesn't make any sense at all does it, help someone!
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • CatValou wrote: »
    Here's hoping they do MM. I know this is something of an oxymoron, but I have trouble understanding people who can't see things from someone else's point of view. I've got a bit of a blind spot there. The other thing I simply can't understand is why their first response so often seems to be nasty. :confused: I'm so sorry you had to deal with someone so horrible.

Fingers crossed that your postal claim progresses quickly, and at least this is over now and you can forget about this idiot.

Received a reply from Ebay, saying that they will remove the neutral feedback but I have to send them proof of posting. I will need it for the claim with RM. And how can I, scan and send? or post a copy?

They said they have dealt with the nasty messages but they can't tell me what actions has been done.

That's good to know that something has been done about it.
  • alison999alison999 Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    merrymary wrote: »
    Received a reply from Ebay, saying that they will remove the neutral feedback but I have to send them proof of posting. I will need it for the claim with RM. And how can I, scan and send? or post a copy?

They said they have dealt with the nasty messages but they can't tell me what actions has been done.

That's good to know that something has been done about it.

i would of thought to scan it and then email it to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide