Flower Inspiration/Ideas Needed!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
4 replies 580 views
shellylovesshoppingshellylovesshopping Forumite
472 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
Well Xmas is out of the way and June is not that far off now! OMG

Need to decide on colours/types of flowers. Want something handtied and not too worried whether fake or real. In some ways fake may be better as I suffer with hayfever badly!

My dress is ivory, my flower girls are ivory with a claret/burgandy trim and my older BM is wearing a claret dress with ivory trim.

Was thinking of ivory rosebuds but now think they will blend in too much if that makes sense!

Any help would be appreciated x
There are only two things a child will share willingly - communicable diseases and their mother's real age

Replies

• edited 31 December 2009 at 4:58PM
    frannyannfrannyann Forumite
    11K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 December 2009 at 4:58PM
    I have the same colour scheme as you and the photographer point something out to me, which pictures that I hadn't noticed. I was planning deep wine flowers and ivory for BM, to contrast with our dresses, but when the photographer showed me how they can distract from the dress, I have decided on ivory with just a splash of wine and the other way round for BM! As the photographer showed me pictures of how that works and they don't blend in but sort of 'compliment' each other, if that makes sense LOL

ETA: Bit like this but obviously in wine and ivory http://www.beverlysofmidway.com/photos/238.jpg
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
  • jenhugjenhug Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    arum lillies are always lovely. they come in brugundy or an off white.
  • HellsGrannyHellsGranny Forumite
    308 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    It might be better to have a contrast, how about gold with cream?
  • jojo2910jojo2910 Forumite
    167 Posts
    If you buy the current issue of Gardeners World there is a section on growing and making your own bouquet. Not suggesting you go this far, but they have some lovely bouquets in there and I am using the handtied one as a template for mine.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides