IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Send a card to a private parking co. this Christmas!

edited 17 December 2009 at 9:20PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
132 replies 25.2K views

Replies

• edited 30 November 2009 at 1:18PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    105.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 November 2009 at 1:18PM
    Cheers everyone, if anyone else thinks any addy given is just a registered office then please reply and I will change it.

What addy for PCN-UK shall we use then, if not the fake Bridgend one?

And I have 2 addys for Parking Eye in the first post (one is Chorley!)?

HO87 I have added the new info you've given and have put Newlyn's Harrow addy down, with 'Parking Charge Notices' as part of the addy so they can be in no doubt as to the reason for the blizzard of mail.

Definitely make sure we include some confetti so it spills all over their desks (but nothing illegal or horrible). This is a peaceful protest!

Have we missed anyone important? Sending our cards this week everyone? :T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I-LOV-MONEYI-LOV-MONEY Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Not wishing to be entirely pessimistic, but it would be better if they were addressed to a named individual. If they are addressed anonymously with the words "check enclosed" on the back, they will probably just dump them anyway once they got wind of what is happening.
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • Zazen999Zazen999 Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alx*27 wrote: »
    Love it!

Well worth a second class stamp.

There's one company who really deserve just such a gift. And it HAS to feature mince pies on the front!
    :p

Hi

I think the point is that you don't put a stamp on it at all.........;)
  • edited 30 November 2009 at 1:31PM
    trisontanatrisontana Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 November 2009 at 1:31PM
    Regarding PCN-UK, this is what their "new and improved" website says:-

Please send all appeals to our head office address.

And that Head Office address (as shown on the website) is the one in Pencoed,

There are no longer any other addresses shown on the website.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Alx*27Alx*27 Forumite
    128 Posts
    Hi

I think the point is that you don't put a stamp on it at all.........

Yes, but that's old. They'll just ignore them.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    105.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Alx*27 wrote: »
    Yes, but that's old. They'll just ignore them.

Yes, I tend to agree. I will put stamps on mine to ensure they get there...:T
  • edited 30 November 2009 at 3:12PM
    dzug1dzug1 Forumite
    13.5K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 November 2009 at 3:12PM
    Not wishing to be entirely pessimistic, but it would be better if they were addressed to a named individual. If they are addressed anonymously with the words "check enclosed" on the back, they will probably just dump them anyway once they got wind of what is happening.

If they have to pay for them they are not going to see the named individual nor the words 'check enclosed' and be able to use that in their decision making process. They won't get to see the envelope/letter until after they have paid.

The number of genuine cheques they receive in unstamped envelopes will be tiny anyway - if someone has decided to pay they are going to make sure it gets there, not send it unstamped to make a point.

It's a nice idea, but someone hasn't really though it through. You'll annoy the Royal Mail more than the company - which may or may not be a good idea. I think they've got enough problems anyway
  • HO87HO87 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    I think we are being very remiss in leaving the ever-popular Perky off our Christmas list: We could send him congratulations too in having recently set out with a limited company.

Combined Parking Solutions aka Combined Solutions (UK) Ltd
    4-5, King Street,
    WOlverhampton,
    WV1 1ST
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • please don't forget

CMS (UK) Ltd
    2-4 Park Road
    Lytham St Annes
    Lancashire
    FY8 1QX

they tried to scam me recently, thankfully i found the info on this site and pepipoo before i paid :beer:
  • edited 1 December 2009 at 1:23AM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    105.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 December 2009 at 1:23AM
    Thanks, added both of the above.

Silly me, I thought we already had Perky's lot because we had a firm with the same initials. I have now addressed this oversight. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

NS&I to change Premium Bond prize rate

It will rise to 1.40% from June

MSE News

Compers of the MSE Forum:

Show us the prizes you've won recently

Join the MSE Forum discussion