Nat West has reduced the charges

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
4 replies 989 views
mustardtreemustardtree Forumite
1 Post
I received a letter and leaflet from Nat West.

Fee for unauthorised overdraft or returned direct debit reduced from £39 to £5

Surely this is a admittance that the original charge was unfair and previous overpayments should be returned.

Replies

• natweststaffmembernatweststaffmember Forumite
    12.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received a letter and leaflet from Nat West.

Fee for unauthorised overdraft or returned direct debit reduced from £39 to £5

Surely this is a admittance that the original charge was unfair and previous overpayments should be returned.
    This was announced in September and NO they aren't saying that previous higher charges would be refunded.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • djm1972djm1972 Forumite
    389 Posts
    ✭✭
    This was announced in September and NO they aren't saying that previous higher charges would be refunded.

The point was rather what it implies; not whether or not they have said they would refund charges.
  • natweststaffmembernatweststaffmember Forumite
    12.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    djm1972 wrote: »
    The point was rather what it implies; not whether or not they have said they would refund charges.

I prefer to stick to was can be proved rather than what could be speculated on. Some people implied that it meant the banks' were going to lose the OFT test case...that implication was proven to be wrong.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • im one who thought the case would come out in our favour,i was very wrong.however, the cat is well and truly out of the bag.
    missed direct debit charges,very odd,theres no pain so how come the big gain,i.e £39.00 for a letter
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals