Major New MSE Website - TuneChecker pls help test it

edited 27 November 2009 at 9:44PM in Music MoneySaving
112 replies 12.6K views
MSE_MartinMSE_Martin MoneySaving Expert
8.3K Posts
Forumite
edited 27 November 2009 at 9:44PM in Music MoneySaving
We're very close to launching a major new website, we've been in development since early in the year and worked hard on it.

It's been out for testing once before and we made massive changes based on the superb feedback - most importantly rather than just 5 years singles and albums it now has 9,000,000 tracks

Please try the

What we want to know
  • Do you like it?
  • Did it find what you wanted?
  • Were the results clear?
  • Was it quick?
  • Does it work intuitively for you?
  • Would you use it?
  • Anything else you'd like to see (though prob that'll be after launch)
  • Would you tell friends?
  • Anything you don't like?
  • Any glitches? PLEASE NOTE IF THERES A GLITCH PLEASE TELL US WHAT COMPUTER AND BROWSER YOU ARE USING :)
Pretty much all feedback is welcomed.

What we know needs work

We have a few changes to the design that need doing, a bit of sizing, colour and padding changes - but it's close to the final shape.

The Twitter/Facebook links aren't working
The Music MoneySaving/Other MoneySaving isnt formatted properly yet
Sign up to the email and you'll get an email saying thank you for signing up to Martin’s Money Tips not tunechecker - do note if you do sign up for the email then you will be put on the list so click 'stop it' if you don't want it.

Thanks so much for your time.

Click reply to feedback

Hope you like it

Martin
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Replies

• WOW that is a major help :) just saved a fiver on a Michael Buble album. cheers Martin!! :beer:
    Bad mother to 2!
    Bad Mother's Club member #4
  • Excellent site, easy to find music tracks, I am sure more techy people than me will have more techy comments, but I could find tracks/albumns quite easily, pricing look straight forward to follow.
  • Thanks Martin,
    This is a brilliant site, easy to find music and cd's and the price comparision is brilliant and so simple to see.
    Yet another brill site from you xx
  • sue139uksue139uk Forumite
    23 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Excellent site. Will be my first port of call. Thanks.
  • timmmerstimmmers Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Nice site.

Wouldn't it be good when searching "last 5 years" lists if they came in date order too though?

It's too easy to get to a place with no basic tunechecker menu because it's in the search results pane ...not seperate, There should be a basic menu always on view so you can get home at least to start over. It's not obvious to click the "tunechecker" to get the menu back. A small dropdown menu in the header wouldn't hurt.

Could save some people a ton of money judging by the differences in price I've seen playing ..especially parents :rotfl:

Urgh at the top ten searches right now :rolleyes: almost all Xfactor.

t
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Firstly what a great idea!

Seems to work pretty well but for example the snow patrol CD "Up to Now" £6.97 (direct on Tescos mp3 website) comes back as "No price found"?

Its a few pennies more than the bottom price of £6.92 but I would feel more comfortable with them as a supplier for that difference.

So what Im saying is that the Tesco result although available direct on Tescos webpage, doesnt show in the results.

;-)
  • edited 27 November 2009 at 8:23PM
    b33rb33r Forumite
    905 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    Forumite
    edited 27 November 2009 at 8:23PM
    Is the "Listen to sample track" supposed to work yet?

All it does for me is scroll down the centre frame search box when I click it.

Firefox 3.5.4 on Ubuntu

EDIT: Yeh and I can't open the FAQ either
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    81.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Looking good :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • None of the FAQ links work in Opera.

FAIL.

R
  • DoratoDorato Forumite
    371 Posts
    It's pretty good :) Comes up with music I like (which is not pop music by any stretch of the imagination!). The one thing I would say is that when you click on "sample track", you have to then press play. It took me a few minutes to work that out so maybe the button could be labelled?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Last week's energy Q&A with MSE experts

MSE Forum

Ninja Kitchen air fryer & grill £175

Normally £250. Excl Northern Ireland

MSE Deals