list your job and wage

in Boost Your Income
2.2K replies 564.8K views

Replies

• Cranny44Cranny44 Forumite
    607 Posts
    made it to 40 this year yikes

Currently a welfare rights officer for the social services dept, £22,000 so usual local gov perks... cheap gym, lease car, pension scheme and just got a 1% pay rise backdated to april 09
    Updating .................................................
  • Im 21 and i work for the citizens advice as an advisor.
    i work 9-4.30 every day for 5.80 p/h

i suppose the only perk is the actual job its immensly rewarding helping people from sorting out there debts to rehousing domestic violence victims and improving peoples income by opening there eyes to benefits they are entitled to.
    I am a full time Benefit and Money Adviser for a leading non profit charity and I LOVE my job <3
    Comments posted on this forum do not reflect the views of my employer :)

Please note forum police I suffer from dyslexia so my spelling and grammar can be dreadful- sorry but I cant help it!
  • caz2703caz2703 Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Age 30 working in IT.

Earning approx £35-36K

Currently on maternity leave and about to drop down to SMP just in time for Xmas :mad:
  • Age 24, Air Traffic Controller in the SE of England.

Salary at the mo approx £57000, will be approx £94000 in 7 years (Top of payscale + Shift pay). Add in pay for instructing trainees and it will be about 105k.
    Final Salary pension, 38 days leave a year, 4 days off at a time, free gym and sports facilities, health and dental insurance, great colleagues, great laugh, and after my headset comes off there's no more work - nothing to take home!

Best job in the world by a mile! (In my humble opinion!) :-)
  • Kevie192Kevie192 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Just graduated from UEA with a 2:1 BA (Hons) in Philosophy, Politics and Economics at the age of 21 this year.

Working as a Pensions Administrator for a large life company getting paid £14,420.00 pa plus tiny bonus which I probably won't get and a little bit of overtime here and there if I'm lucky. I'm being moved to a different department in November and hope for a bit of a rise then but not holding my breath! Job is not challenging enough, I could do my manager's job standing on my head and the company knows it but no opportunities.

I know that my wage is pants for my age but every job I apply for always has more experienced/qualified applicants. Wholeheartedly regret going to uni as I would be on a MUCH higher wage now if I'd worked F/T for those 3 yrs and current job doesn't use the degree at all.
  • Age 24, Air Traffic Controller in the SE of England.

Salary at the mo approx £57000, will be approx £94000 in 7 years (Top of payscale + Shift pay). Add in pay for instructing trainees and it will be about 105k.
    Final Salary pension, 38 days leave a year, 4 days off at a time, free gym and sports facilities, health and dental insurance, great colleagues, great laugh, and after my headset comes off there's no more work - nothing to take home!

Best job in the world by a mile! (In my humble opinion!) :-)

You have set up a new ID just for this haven't you?
    Don't want people here to know how much you earn do you? :rotfl:
  • Senior Administrator - £18k - 20 days holiday a year plus 2 days extra for each full year employed (currently on 26 days). Although changing companies in a few weeks and going to be earning £25k with more holiday.
  • bendixbendix Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    I'm in my mid-forties. Head of Marketing and Business Development for a large law firm.

£150,000 a year, plus 9% pension contribution.
    Up to 15% bonus, depending upon firm's performance.
    Lots of international travel
    Life insurance worth four times my salary
    Health insurance
    Free mobile usage, including international
  • Dick_hereDick_here Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Age 24, Air Traffic Controller in the SE of England.

They don't let you work from home then ?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • edited 2 November 2009 at 3:06PM
    AntispamAntispam Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 2 November 2009 at 3:06PM
    Assassin, wage it varies for each job :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides