Barclaycard Priority Club Rewards Credit Card

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
3 replies 2.7K views
talitali
709 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
Barclaycard Priority Club Rewards Credit Card -is offering 10000 points when you first start using the card within 90 days - but is this only to use in the Priority Club or anywhere? and again also can the accured points be used anywhere High St or strictly in only in the Priority Club? The website is rather vague
I am not a member of Priority Club and not a traveller so the points would not be good for exclusive use there only
Thanks

Replies

• LongTermLurkerLongTermLurker Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    They can only be used with the Holiday Inn chain and selected affiliates - though one option is to get an "hotel anywhere" voucher for a set amount, but I doubt independent hotels would accept them so you're still a bit limited. 10000 points on their own won't get you a hotel night, but if you earned another 5000 points through spending you could get into a Holiday Inn Express.

See here for the redemption offers http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/c/2/content/dec/pc/0/en/points/europe.html

Note that Barclaycard's administration of the PC Rewards card is horrendous - take a look at the Credit Cards Freebies board or search for priority club.
    You've never seen me, but I've been here all along - watching and learning...:cool:
  • lisyloolisyloo Forumite
    27.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do sometimes do reward nights for 5,000 points, although it's a limited selection of hotels.

The admin is terrible.
    I had trouble getting the points and closing the card too.

It was worth it for us because we got a hotel in New York and saved a fortune, but I got the 20K offer and my husband had points too.
    10K on their own won't get you much unless you are very flexble and wait for the reward deals to come out.
  • LongTermLurkerLongTermLurker Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. As you say you don't travel much, I'd probably suggest you find a more useful card.

@lisyloo - they closed your account? You lucky lucky girl - some of us are close to going to battle over such things!!! :mad: Attrocious is the word I'd use to describe Barclaycard's antics - bring back MBNA, the PC card was well run under them.
    You've never seen me, but I've been here all along - watching and learning...:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cheap Train Tickets

Hidden fares, split tickets and how to beat booking fees

MSE Guides