Credit Card Dispute

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
7 replies 781 views
harding1985harding1985 Forumite
224 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
Hi Everyone, im after some advice.

I spent £165.00 with a online store but i've only received £105.00 worth as 4 of the items were not in stock, I have paid £165.00 and have not seen any refund that the company agreed to pay me back.

The purchase was made on the 19th October 2009, so im owed a refund of around £50.00 but have yet to see it, I've chased the company in question and said they have passed it to the finance department but still not seen anything tried calling and it just rings and rings, now i've paid fully on my credit card, am I covered in any way?

Cheers
Lee :T

Replies

• You're not covered under Section 75 as each individual item must be more than £100. If you used a Visa card you may be able to do a chargeback
    Chipping away at the mortgage...
    2013:£419k @ 3.14%
    2016:£385k @ 1.79%
    2019:£275k @ 1.84%
    2024: ??
  • edited 31 October 2009 at 10:25AM
    harding1985harding1985 Forumite
    224 Posts
    edited 31 October 2009 at 10:25AM
    so im not covered at all then? They can take my money and be gone with it lol
  • McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont think youre correct there Stinkybell,
    If the whole transaction was over £100 then i would have thought it would be covered. As long as the goods werent paid for singly.

No doubt someone will come along who knows for definite.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • opinions4uopinions4u
    19.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent £165.00 with a online store but i've only received £105.00 worth as 4 of the items were not in stock, I have paid £165.00 and have not seen any refund that the company agreed to pay me back.
    At what point in time have they agreed to refund you?

You really need to allow a week from then to see the money re-appear on your account.
    The purchase was made on the 19th October 2009, so im owed a refund of around £50.00 but have yet to see it
    Patience is a virtue. If the refund was agreed on the 19th, then fine, you have a point. If a few days later then wait.
    I've chased the company in question and said they have passed it to the finance department but still not seen anything tried calling and it just rings and rings, now i've paid fully on my credit card, am I covered in any way?
    No credit card company will do anything until your retailer has had reasonable chance to act.
  • Cheers opinions4u, i'll give it another week :D

The agreement was to refund mid last week.

In being abit too impatient, quick enough to take your money though, slow to give it back, always the way....
  • McKneff wrote: »
    Dont think youre correct there Stinkybell,
    If the whole transaction was over £100 then i would have thought it would be covered. As long as the goods werent paid for singly.

No doubt someone will come along who knows for definite.

If you've bought single items then they count as seperate transactions for Section 75 http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases#bill

If you were sold the items as a bundle then you can claim, but based on OP I don't think that's the case
    Chipping away at the mortgage...
    2013:£419k @ 3.14%
    2016:£385k @ 1.79%
    2019:£275k @ 1.84%
    2024: ??
  • TFD_2TFD_2 Forumite
    907 Posts
    Cheers opinions4u, i'll give it another week :D

The agreement was to refund mid last week.

In being abit too impatient, quick enough to take your money though, slow to give it back, always the way....

Even if they processed it mid last week, you wouldn't see it on your card yet.

Usually you should give a "reasonable amount of time" before taking further steps, which is ususally see to be 14 days or so.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides