restaurant with disabled access

in N. Ireland
14 replies 1.1K views
joylikes2shopjoylikes2shop Forumite
472 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
✭✭
Can anyone recommend a restaurant for lunch (tomorrow :eek:) in greater Belfast (or even Lisburn or Ards or Bangor) with easy parking and access for someone in a wheelchair.
Nothing too expensive.

Replies

• IWishIWish Forumite
    107 Posts
    Can't think of anywhere in those areas to meet your requirements apart from the Omniplex in Lisburn, I know there is a Pizza Hut and others there - Also I have seen wheelchairs users in The Stables in Groomsport (although I think there may be a few steps at the entrance) and also in Pier 36 in Donaghadee. Again not sure but from memory the Cultra Inn may have wheelchair access - maybe give them a ring? Sorry can't be of more help.
  • RTNIRTNI Forumite
    817 Posts
    I was at the restraunt located in the new development opposite the Dundonald ice bowl. Can't remember the name off hand, but was like an American diner and food was good. Plenty of parking outside as there is a cinema there too.

HTH.
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
  • BigcammyBigcammy Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    That would be either the Blue Chicago Grill or Wolfe's, both in the same development and both run my the same people. They're decent restaurants and not too expensive.
    Norn Iron Club Member No. 252 :beer:
  • RTNIRTNI Forumite
    817 Posts
    Thanks Bigcammy, it was the Blue Chicago grill I was in a few months ago.

Portions at lunch time were massive too from what I remember!
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
  • joylikes2shopjoylikes2shop Forumite
    472 Posts
    ✭✭
    BRILLIANT..thanks...Dundonald would be VERY convenient and sounds perfect :T
  • RTNIRTNI Forumite
    817 Posts
    Let us know if the food is still good! :)
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
  • BenetBenet Forumite
    284 Posts
    I know its too late for your lunch today, but I'm a designer and one of my previous clients was a local Disability focus group.

They've produced a guide for restaurants/coffee shops/bars in the North Down and Ards areas and it has information about accessibility, accessible toilets, service etc.

Not much use for today, but who knows, might be handy for the future!

disabilitymattersnda.co.uk/?page_id=83
    472 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone for all the comments.
    Benet...thank you so much for the link to the web site...very useful !!

Ok...so,when I called to collect my wheelchair bound friend yesterday,whilst she appreciated the effort I'd gone to to find somewhere suitable for us to eat with the wheelchair access, she actually suggested another venue :wall:.....

.... Castlereagh Golf club at Gilnahirk, and I would thoroughly recommend it.:j....

You don't need to be a member of the club to eat in the restaurant.

This means nothing to me, but apparently it's owned (or run :confused:) by Jeffers -as in Jeffers restaurant in Bangor (???)- and the food is the same great quality as the restaurant in Bangor,but... at golf club prices ( I don't know what this means either, but apparently it's good)

Here's the link in case anyone else is interested
    http://www.jeffersfood.com/bar-and-grill/index.php

By the way,I ate in Wolfes last month and was very happy with the food the (large) portions,the staff and the price....and if my chum hadn't already chosen the golf club, I'd have had no hesitation in going back.

Thanks again:T
  • dmxdavedmxdave Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Oh JEFFERS :rotfl::rotfl:Don't mention that name on here
    Dave
    472 Posts
    ✭✭
    Oh my....i had NO IDEA that I was entering such dangerous territory with my comments....:eek:...

As it was, before I went to the restaurant,I thought it was something to do with Jeffers (home bakery :confused:)in Lisburn.

You live and learn:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide