40 days have passed and no information back

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
19 replies 2.1K views
sharonjesharonje Forumite
18 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Hi, I'll introduce myself first.
There's me and my partner, 2 kids and an amount of debt..
Now I am on the case of claiming money back and sorting out repayment plans.
The first thing I have done is tackle the PPI a loan, credit card, catalogue and the mortgage.
Now, the catalogue and the credit card, I sent them letters asking fo a list of the insurance charges, they replied relatively quickly saying that they will investigate the complaint.
The mortgage has replied with an original copy of the mortgage agreement and a letter saying that they were refering it to another dept.
The loan has responded saying that they are investigating it.
Now my question, As the catalogue and credit card haven't supplied me with the information I requested, What shall I do now?
Then there is the loan and mortgage PPI Should I chase them up aswell?
All of the original letters I sent out have been over 40 days ago.
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    sharonje wrote: »
    Hi, I'll introduce myself first.
    There's me and my partner, 2 kids and an amount of debt..
    Now I am on the case of claiming money back and sorting out repayment plans.
    The first thing I have done is tackle the PPI a loan, credit card, catalogue and the mortgage.
    Now, the catalogue and the credit card, I sent them letters asking fo a list of the insurance charges, they replied relatively quickly saying that they will investigate the complaint.
    The mortgage has replied with an original copy of the mortgage agreement and a letter saying that they were refering it to another dept.
    The loan has responded saying that they are investigating it.
    Now my question, As the catalogue and credit card haven't supplied me with the information I requested, What shall I do now?
    Then there is the loan and mortgage PPI Should I chase them up aswell?
    All of the original letters I sent out have been over 40 days ago.
    Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome.;)

May I ask that the letter you sent about to request for your information, was it a Subject access Request (SAR) with a payment of £10 cheque or postal order made for this request?

Your right though, they do have 40 days to deal with this request, so if you have done this, give them a quick ring to ask when your supposed to be receiving this and check out account if you paid by a cheque payment, to see if they have debited your £10 payment yet.

As you know its 8 weeks for a complaint for a reclaim.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Thnaks I didn't send them any payment, I didn't know I needed to. The letters I sent were donloaded from this site.
    Now the catalogue have tried to fob me off with they only received the letter a short while ago and the case needs to be assigned.
    The credit card company - I spent over 10 mins on the phone on hold and when I got through, got cut off immediately.
    The loan needs my other half to speak to them (in the mor ning)
    Then the mortgage, They have no record of any PPI payments, Any insurance company linked with them doesn't have any record of payments. It seems at the moment that we were paying money for PPI to Mr Invisible! I shall be on the case in the morning on that one. The Mortgage statements prove that I have been paying it so we'll go from there.
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Thnaks I didn't send them any payment, I didn't know I needed to. The letters I sent were donloaded from this site.
    Now the catalogue have tried to fob me off with they only received the letter a short while ago and the case needs to be assigned.
    The credit card company - I spent over 10 mins on the phone on hold and when I got through, got cut off immediately.
    The loan needs my other half to speak to them (in the mor ning)
    Then the mortgage, They have no record of any PPI payments, Any insurance company linked with them doesn't have any record of payments. It seems at the moment that we were paying money for PPI to Mr Invisible! I shall be on the case in the morning on that one. The Mortgage statements prove that I have been paying it so we'll go from there.

Hi Sharon

The SAR template is this one on the link here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1475553
    This is the one to request everything they hold on you, and they must comply by 40 days with this request you pay for.

I take it then you used the reclaim templates on this link here:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
    This is the one that they have 8 weeks to respond.

So if the catalogue does not respond by 8 weeks they are entitled to, then move on to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS), to ask if they can help.

In regards of your credit card, I would personally keep everything in writing, in case you have to take matters further later on, so always keep copies, with phone calls, you can't guarantee they will help.
    So annoying though that - that happened to you with keeping you on hold then cutting you off!

Someone is bound to have the details of your mortgage, this one may be one for Dunstonh to respond too.;)
    Dunstonh is a financial adviser and am sure you will receive some good advice on this matter, good luck and please keep us posted.
  • I shall be back on the case in the morning. I shall post updates regular. This one has got me alittle wound up now.
  • I have done a bit more digging now, Sorted all of the mortgage paperwork out. Now I telephoned them this morning, explained everything again. Told them about my telephone calls to insurance companies and they have now asked for me to photocopy and forward copies of my mortgage statements. I shan't be letting it drop I'm reckoning that the PPI on the mortgage could be close to £2000.
    Still off to the photocopier now and I'll forward the information to them as apparently they have no records like this? Bizarre!
    On a note regarding the credit card, what sort of wording should I use in the letter I send to them?
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    I have done a bit more digging now, Sorted all of the mortgage paperwork out. Now I telephoned them this morning, explained everything again. Told them about my telephone calls to insurance companies and they have now asked for me to photocopy and forward copies of my mortgage statements. I shan't be letting it drop I'm reckoning that the PPI on the mortgage could be close to £2000.
    Still off to the photocopier now and I'll forward the information to them as apparently they have no records like this? Bizarre!
    On a note regarding the credit card, what sort of wording should I use in the letter I send to them?

Hi Sharon.;)
    Hope this mortgage issue gets sorted, will ask Dunstonh to help you through this if you want to, who is very knowledgable indeed in these matters and more.

Like the loan ppi templates, they are the same, so its just a matter really of using the templates, obviously change the wording to your advantage and with your reasons, check on Martin's page here, where there are templates and a checklist of mis selling reasons.

You do not have to write the amount in though.
    They have 8 weeks to respond in full.

Keep at them until they resolve in your favour, where sometimes they give you the opportunity to write back to them again, and with the final decision they should enclose details of the financial ombudsman service (FOS), you can take your complaint to these, if your not happy with the final outcome.

It is recommended as well, to post by recorded delivery - this is your proof of posting.

Good luck with this Sharon and please keep us posted and ask for help when required.;)
  • Thanks for the offer of more help, I shall get this paperwork sent off and see what happens. I shall be back on the phone to them though this time next week.
    Mnay thanks again, I'm off to start some letter writing.
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    Thanks for the offer of more help, I shall get this paperwork sent off and see what happens. I shall be back on the phone to them though this time next week.
    Mnay thanks again, I'm off to start some letter writing.

Your welcome Sharon.
    And good luck with this, and please let us know how you get on.;)
  • di3004 wrote: »
    Your welcome Sharon.
    And good luck with this, and please let us know how you get on.;)

It's been a little while now since I posted, God things can get really hectic!!

Now, credit card comp and catalogue came back, now I'm asking for the ppi to be repaid.
    Mortgage, that one is still ongoing, just waiting to hear from them, don't suppose te postal strike will help on that one.
    The loan - they replied today - they have said that in the T&C it said we could cancel and that it did cover self employed, however the T&C does state that it will payout for self employment if we where to become insolvent - Bankrupt. They have offered a £750 gesture of goodwill not admitting liability payment and a full settlement of our complaint.
    Where do we go from here? The PPI is near £2000. Shall I send the next letter of I am not happy with your findings etc? or send a differently worded letter now that they have offered a gesture of good will payment?
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K Posts
    It's been a little while now since I posted, God things can get really hectic!!

Now, credit card comp and catalogue came back, now I'm asking for the ppi to be repaid.
    Mortgage, that one is still ongoing, just waiting to hear from them, don't suppose te postal strike will help on that one.
    The loan - they replied today - they have said that in the T&C it said we could cancel and that it did cover self employed, however the T&C does state that it will payout for self employment if we where to become insolvent - Bankrupt. They have offered a £750 gesture of goodwill not admitting liability payment and a full settlement of our complaint.
    Where do we go from here? The PPI is near £2000. Shall I send the next letter of I am not happy with your findings etc? or send a differently worded letter now that they have offered a gesture of good will payment?

Hi Sharon, thanks for getting back and hope your well.;)

If your not happy with the offer then you can try by writing back and letting them know this and tell them you still believe you were mis sold, despite what they say, due to your reasons sent on your original letter, ask if they will refund the full total of PPI, plus interest, or for them to at least reconsider a more reasonable amount where you may accept.

Then if they don't, you can go to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS), hope this helps, fingers crossed.
    (Post by recorded delivery).

There should be a 2nd template letter as well on the PPI reclaiming guide which will also give you some idea of the wording.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid test firms form self-regulating body

A bid to tackle poor service concerns

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ quotes & cashback

MSE Guides