Anyone else having trouble with V+ and scheduling?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
10 replies 757 views
EmmaC1982EmmaC1982 Forumite
12 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with programmes recorded on V+ cutting off at the end because the scheduling was slightly out?

It seems to have happened a few times lately and my call to customer services didn't help much as they just blame the channel.

I've had to find the programme through On Demand then scan through (at the maximum 2x speed!) to the last 5 minutes or so....

Replies

• Yes, it happens to me all the time. I was really cross about Saturday's Casualty as I don't know if Nick died or recovered!!

It's really irritating!
  • donnac2558donnac2558 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can extend the end of recording by 10 minutes. But if a programme does over run usually because of sport, nothing Virgin can do really. All the channels will give going to press times. Sky the same.
  • Yes, it happens to me all the time. I was really cross about Saturday's Casualty as I don't know if Nick died or recovered!!

It's really irritating!

Ha that is exactly what made me post on this! I couldn't find casualty on iplayer (on virgin) so I'll have to watch the end of it online when I get home today.
  • lindsaygalaxylindsaygalaxy Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have same problem!
    £2 Savers club £20/£150
  • katies_mumkaties_mum Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the same problem, it is on iplayer as I watched it on the catchup tv. Some programmes don`t actually appear on the catchup tv until the next day. Hope you managed to see Casulty to the end.
    I find this happens quite a lot on Eastenders - I miss the last 2 mins and have the box set to extend the recording by 10 mins!!
  • TribulationTribulation Forumite
    4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm moving to Virgin in a few days.

But I currently have Sky and NEVER get this problem, that being the case, there must be something Virgin can do about it?
    Martin Lewis is always giving us advice on how to force companies to do things.

How about giving us advice on how to remove ourselves from any part of MoneySupermarket.com

I hereby withdraw any permission Martin might have implied he gave MoneySupermarket.com to use any of my data. Further more, I do not wish ANY data about me, or any of my posts etc to be held on any computer system held by MoneySupermarket.com or any business it has any commercial interests in.
  • katies_mumkaties_mum Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I`m sure I asked the question ages ago and there wasn`t. It doesn`t happen all the time - just seems to be when there is a really good ending..gggrrrrrr
  • katies_mum wrote: »
    I had the same problem, it is on iplayer as I watched it on the catchup tv. Some programmes don`t actually appear on the catchup tv until the next day. Hope you managed to see Casulty to the end.
    I find this happens quite a lot on Eastenders - I miss the last 2 mins and have the box set to extend the recording by 10 mins!!

Sorry for asking a silly question but how do you do that? I only ever do it via the tv guide :confused:

xxx
  • donnac2558donnac2558 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can set your recording manually.

Hit V+ button then go to set new recordings. There should a list hit 2 Set New Recordings. You will find the manual settings there.
  • donnac2558 wrote: »
    You can set your recording manually.

Hit V+ button then go to set new recordings. There should a list hit 2 Set New Recordings. You will find the manual settings there.

Thank you! I'll give that a bash!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides