Am I a Tesco's customer or an enemy

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
79 replies 8.2K views
SarahX_3SarahX_3 Forumite
5 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
Anybody can tell what I can do next?

I went shopping in Tesco this afternoon (Sunday). I am sorry I didn't shopping on Sunday for long time. When I almost finished my shopping, somebody came to me and shouted that I had five minutes for shopping. I just noticed it was almost at 4. I rushed to take a box of egg when I was near to the egg shelves. Then I would run for a bottle of cooking oil, but when I arrived near to the oil shelves, I met two staff of Tesco. I pointed to the oil shelves and said: I need a botttle of oil, otherwise I can't cook today. Two wouldn't hear me. I stopped and tried to say: could you please take one for me? But before I said, one of the staff said: if you don't go now,I would push you out! Then Both of them came to my sides and tried to pull me out! I run to my friend who was checking out. The staff came with me and were very near to me and shouted where I should go and didn't give a second to let me explain I was going to my friend who also kept my other items. It seems I am a real enemy to them!
I didn't get any oil even if I have been in a hand reach distance to it! I really don't want to get into Tesco again but I still have 50 pounds vouchers from it. I even don't know where I can go and for what to complain. I feel very disappointed that there even such staff in Tesco! What kind of company's culture is it in Tesco! Every little help! How ridiculous! Is there a little bit respect to their customer?

I am a woman and don't look like having nothing to do but intended to waste time and fight with them or destroy their store. I really haven't any cooking oil at home.

Replies

• that's definately not tesco policy so go see the duty manager.

When it's closing time, we are to put announcements over tannoy to remind customers and once the time nears we do a clean sweep of the floor and to be nice but firm by saying something like
    Excuse me sir / madam.. The store is now closing. Could you please make your way to the tills to pay for your shopping

As i said report it to the manager and they will know who may have been working the shift. If you can remember names / description it will help them.
    Silenced by the Gestapo :rotfl:
  • maninthestreetmaninthestreet Forumite
    16.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SarahX wrote: »
    Anybody can tell what I can do next?

I went shopping in Tesco this afternoon (Sunday). I am sorry I didn't shopping on Sunday for long time. When I almost finished my shopping, somebody came to me and shouted that I had five minutes for shopping. I just noticed it was almost at 4. I rushed to take a box of egg when I was near to the egg shelves. Then I would run for a bottle of cooking oil, but when I arrived near to the oil shelves, I met two staff of Tesco. I pointed to the oil shelves and said: I need a botttle of oil, otherwise I can't cook today. Two wouldn't hear me. I stopped and tried to say: could you please take one for me? But before I said, one of the staff said: if you don't go now,I would push you out! Then Both of them came to my sides and tried to pull me out! I run to my friend who was checking out. The staff came with me and were very near to me and shouted where I should go and didn't give a second to let me explain I was going to my friend who also kept my other items. It seems I am a real enemy to them!
    I didn't get any oil even if I have been in a hand reach distance to it! I really don't want to get into Tesco again but I still have 50 pounds vouchers from it. I even don't know where I can go and for what to complain. I feel very disappointed that there even such staff in Tesco! What kind of company's culture is it in Tesco! Every little help! How ridiculous! Is there a little bit respect to their customer?

I am a woman and don't look like having nothing to do but intended to waste time and fight with them or destroy their store. I really haven't any cooking oil at home.

Report the incident to the police - breach of section 5 of the public order act, plus possible assault.
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • Supermarkets should be closed on Sundays
  • stugibstugib Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Supermarkets should be closed on Sundays
    Why?.............
  • How ridiculous!

Indeed this is :rolleyes:
  • this is outrageous :eek:
  • Hmmm. Smells of wind-up.
  • IdiophreakIdiophreak Forumite
    12K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supermarkets should be closed on Sundays

Too right. And people should travel by horse and carriage.
  • If that was me i would have promptly pile driven their punk asses into the cold hard floor.

Then taken my oil to the checkout and paid for it as per normal practice.
  • mrcol1000mrcol1000 Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Matt16v wrote: »
    If that was me i would have promptly pile driven their punk asses into the cold hard floor.

Then taken my oil to the checkout and paid for it as per normal practice.

Shortly afterwards to be arrested for assault.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals