Moving - cheapest way to change with BT

We're moving in with Mum.

At present Mum has line with BT and calls with 1899 ( the 1899 being an extra phone number on our account )

We have line and broadband with BT and calls with 1899 and 18185 for mobile numbers.

When we move should we close our account with BT and add broadband to Mums account and I suppose benefit from reduced rate for new broadband customer ? .... or close Mums account and put it in our name.

Mum is with Sky and I phoned them about their 'package' but Mum is not in their broadband area so they would charge £17 per month. No dingle-dongle in her area either.

Any ideas welcome. :j


  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    I'd do the former. Trying to change the name on an existing account is bound to end up in the 'too difficult to do' file.

    Don't forget to delete your existing number from your 1899 and 18185 accounts after you've added your Mum's to those it's not on already.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides