edited 9 September 2009 at 5:36PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.1K replies 73.6K views

Replies

• candygirlcandygirl Forumite
    29.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rachelmk wrote: »
    Just wanted to say congratulations on the cats to FireFox!
    I wouldn't be without my little dog - animals are so much nicer than men! (And I'm getting married soon!)

Your lovely furries will give you plenty of company and affection - who needs men!?!;)
    I totally agree hun.My doglets and DGD are my babies:D:D
    Had another NSD today, am trying to save up to go to India again next year, so wil have potato n leek soup for tea, and dream of the sun:D:D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Hi everyone

JackieO, Mrs-Tradition, Firefox, Russetred - thanks for your totals

Debtmuncher & Skilly - welcome to the thread - of course you can join, please post your budget for October in red so that I see it and don't forget to look at the great recipes at the start of the thread for inspiration if you need any - have fun.

Mrs-Tradition - my budget is for 2 adults and 2 children [aged 6 and 9] I don't include alchohol [yet] and we don't do many ready meals so we have alot of fresh stuff but try to get as much whoopsied as poss and I also include all toiletries and cleaning stuff cos at the end of the day it has to be paid for but some people are really good and set up seperate budgets for all types of stuff [this is what I'm going to try from January] - hope all this info helps you

Scotsaver - I can't get that recipe, can you post it or tell me where it came from please - thank you

Having the last of the rubber chicken tonight that was cooked on Sunday for tea.

Have fun everyone

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • my budget is £480 / october its already arranged as in a dmp. thats for two adults four kiddies with myself being a non meat eater.
  • ta for the welcome fellow members, quite excited as i although i am more or less in my monthly budget i would be quite interested to know for sure how much i am exactly spending lol
  • cw18cw18 Forumite
    8.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    helen jelly - the Weetabix cake is here
    Cheryl
    Grocery Budget : January £155. Spent £33.75 in shops + £0.00 from stocks = £32.45
    Grocery Budget : 2021 £1825. Spent £33.75 in shops + £0.00 from stocks = £32.45
  • PuddleglumPuddleglum Forumite
    851 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Hi All,

I haven't posted much this month but I have kept up with the thread.

Good luck with the furbaby Fire Fox. Our two moggies are rescue cats and they give us so much pleasure they are worth every penny spent on them.

With just two weeks to go, my budget seems to be standing up to the challenge very well. Not really sure why this is as I have written everything down and updated the signature regularly so it is a true account of what has been spent.

Maybe Old Style is just so effective that they should be teaching it in schools. Anyway, We are begining to build up stockpiles of food here at Puddleglum Mansions so Christmas should be a doddle this year as the December budget will be spent on extras if we can keep this up!

Best wishes everyone.

Puddleglum
    "A thousand candles can be lit from a single candle without shortening the life of that candle."

I still am Puddleglum - phew!
  • jaywardjayward Forumite
    541 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    hi nsd for me today,fridge bottom soup made.
    my news my oh has got a job ,its only for 3 months so i will continue to do the grocery challange ,
    bye
  • Eek! Popped to the shop on my way home to get some milk, TV guide and 2 x newspapers so I now have a grand total of 83p to last me until next week!

I have enough food in to get to next week, but am running low on toilet rolls, shampoo, toothpaste and body spray (all at the same time, oh joy!) so I might have to go over my target to get those. I'm also probably going to see my brother and sister at the weekend so will no doubt end up buying something.

Also (another also), I started a new job this week so am taking lunch in rather than picking at bits I have at home. I'll try and use up what I have lurking in the cupboards so I may be taking rice cakes and crackers for lunch :p
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • Fire_Fox wrote: »
    I had a homecheck from Cats Protection last week and I have just found out that I passed! :D

The cat will need expensive food as they will be indoors only (deaf or partially sighted) so not getting as much exercise as usual.

Aww congrats :D

I really want a cat! I saw a gorgeous one in a rescue centre which has cat flu and really wanted to look after him, but my landlady said no to pets :(
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • AngelfeathersAngelfeathers Forumite
    374 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Well, I've had three NSDs (on groceries, though we did spent c. £16 plus petrol going out for the day on Sunday) in a row, but today I had to pop into M&S for veg and bananas (£4.07) and the Poundland for milk (£2).

(I can't believe they're selling milk for that price! I've been paying £3 for 2 x 4 pints on offer in Tesco and thinking that was good!)

I'm set to come in way, way under budget for my first month, though I have to admit this is really because there's only about a fiver left in the account so there simply isn't any money there to spend! I'm not sure how I'm going to do next month, though, since I've already got a pretty long list of things we've run out of and therefore need to stock up on!

Oh, and for whoever was asking, I include food, drink, catfood, toiletries, cleaning stuff, loo roll, tissues, kitchen stuff (baking paper, plastic boxes etc.) - anything I buy in the supermarket, basically. And I'm spending on two adults and a 3 1/2 year old boy.
    I'm broke, not poor. Poor sounds permanent, broke can be fixed. (Thoroughly Modern Millie)
    LBM June 2009, Debt Free (except mortgage) Sept 2016 - DONE IT!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

54 ways to ‘DIY it’

According to the MSE Forum

MSE Team Blog

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News

Lidl '£10 off £40 spend' voucher

Via Metro or Daily Mail. Excludes NI

MSE Deals