My dress has been dispatched!!!

edited 8 August 2009 at 3:10PM in Weddings & Anniversaries
20 replies 1.3K views
madfrenchgirlmadfrenchgirl Forumite
1.7K Posts
edited 8 August 2009 at 3:10PM in Weddings & Anniversaries
:j:j:j

Sorry, I have been away for some time, but evil work got in the way!

I have the tracking number!!! My guess is it will be there on Monday or Tuesday! I can't wait! Now I need to convince the only BM that is not on holiday to come and help try it on.

I know I promised to post pics of the BM's dresses on here when they were trying it on but with all the excitement of trying them on and stuff, we forgot...

I will deffo ask the BM to take some pics of me in my wedding dress and of my rehearsal dinner dress (which is a BM's dress from Sweetsend) to show you the quality.

I am excited: I now need to find myself a hairdresser that actually will return my calls and can handle curly hair without taking GHDs to it and I need to establish what kind of accessories I need to go with the dress.

:rotfl:
"Don't cry, Don't Raise your Eye
It's only teenage wasteland"
The Who - Baba O'Riley
Who's Next (1971)

RIP Keith Moon
RIP John Entwistle

Replies

• lindaatno9lindaatno9 Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Excellent news. Am all giddy for you!!
  • Ok, sorry if this sounds self-involved but now the dress has left the sorting centre in Beijing!!! I will post pics of it when it arrives... This is not a Landy or Milly dress, it is actually a Sweetsend dress which is why I am posting separately.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (<== That's super-excited sonic scream) LOL
    The Who - Baba O'Riley
    Who's Next (1971)

RIP Keith Moon
    RIP John Entwistle
  • As promised...

Here are the piccies, let me know if it does not work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

I also have my home made feather bouquet and my hen night dress on there: the hen night dress and the wedding dress are both from Sweetsend, not from Milly nor Landy.

What do you think? :-)
    The Who - Baba O'Riley
    Who's Next (1971)

RIP Keith Moon
    RIP John Entwistle
  • very pretty dress! Love the colour! :)
  • Hey MFG, Gorgeous dress! You look very happy :) Are you having a hoop or a petticoat?
  • lindaatno9lindaatno9 Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    So, what was all the fuss they made over the waistline and the embroidery? Great job!!!
    Looks super. Just let me know what you want to do about the petticoat.
    xxx
  • debs2327debs2327 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    looks gorgeous hun x stunning colour xx love the bouquet too well done looks perfect xx
    wins :- x2 hair dyes ,mascara, epilator,personalised card , glass photo ,
    comp angels please throw some luck my way
    :D:j:D:A:)
  • Violetta_2Violetta_2 Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is gorgeous, the colour is really lush. I love your hair too, it would be terrible just to straighten it, hope you find a decent hairdresser. Can I ask who did sweetsend use to ship it & how long did it take, Milly who my dress is by use DHL & I just want an idea how long it might take.
    Booo!!!
  • HoraceHorace Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its gorgeous dress - and the bouquet is good too.:D
  • edited 10 August 2009 at 10:05AM
    madfrenchgirlmadfrenchgirl Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    edited 10 August 2009 at 10:05AM
    Hi Salad Daze: I Am having a 3 layer red petticoat made by our own dressmaker sponsor (drum roll) Linda!!!

Debs: I made the bouquet 3 ivory fake roses in the middles, lots of different feathers in ivory around it with a few diamond red ones for good measure and 6 pairs of diamantes picking through between the feathers and the roses. I ahve also added one of these silver and crystal drooping garlands to make it mor interesting. Since I bought everything in bulk, I also made fascinators for my bridesmaids. I think all the accessories and bouquets overall costed me £70. Some people were asking £300 for a similar bouquet at the national wedding show!!!

Violetta, I am not getting my hair straightened: went for a hair trial and they did just that to make their job easier. It ended up damaging my hair. I have never been happy with hairdressers anyway: they never seem to know how to handle anything that is not straight. I have just added some pics of my own hair trial done by yours truly to the album.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Unfortunately, Sweetsend uses EMS in China whcih then passes it on to Parcelfarce, not DHL.

Thx for the comments girls! Matching that red based on a tiny swatch to all accessories and colour schemes has been a real pain but now I can see the payoff! I can sleep now. LOL
    The Who - Baba O'Riley
    Who's Next (1971)

RIP Keith Moon
    RIP John Entwistle
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides